Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to let you know that, *if* you're looking to buy 110+ fantasy miniatures for $100, Reaper Miniatures is holding a Kickstarter project for their Bones miniatures line. One of the +$10 add-ons is a set of Mythos figures, including Great Cthulhu. As of this posting, this add-on is NOT available, since its stretch goal has not been reached. However, by the end of the project, it should be. This KS has met its stretch goals about once every 1-2 days. As of this posting, FFG does *NOT* have a Cthulhu prepaint. They have a $20 Cthulhu resin figure. You can paint your Bones Cthulhu green then apply a dark wash of darker green for the same effect.

If you are in the San Francisco and *only* want these miniatures, drop me a PM. I will be attending an Arkham Horror Meetup in Fremont this Sunday, August 19th.

KS project: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniat...

FFG Cthulhu Resin : http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=1488

AH Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/Play-The-Classics-Board-Game-Meetup/ev...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Decent figs but not so much for AH. Especially with the FFG prepainted ones. lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what you get with the $100 Vampire pledge. This picture link may be broken as they update the image. Once every two or so days, they reach a stretch goal that *adds* more miniatures to the pledge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But these are definitely more the right size than the FFG ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
The Professor wrote:

And where do the monster tokens go?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, Patrick, I'm not advocating the use of figures....I personally think it detracts from the game. I just think that the AH figures are grossly over-sized for the board...it would make for a very busy board.

I'm hoping however, people think differently about our card holders and component trays destined for Kickstarter soon...we're awaiting word from a possible resin manufacturer. If we can't secure a manufacturer, we'll produce them ourselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Professor wrote:
Oh, Patrick, I'm not advocating the use of figures....I personally think it detracts from the game. I just think that the AH figures are grossly over-sized for the board...it would make for a very busy board.

I'm hoping however, people think differently about our card holders and component trays destined for Kickstarter soon...we're awaiting word from a possible resin manufacturer. If we can't secure a manufacturer, we'll produce them ourselves.

Those I am curious in. And imo while the figures may clutter the board it definitely makes sure you don't forget about the monsters. haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Professor wrote:

What scale are the Bones minis? 25 mm? 15 mm?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
Decent figs but not so much for AH. Especially with the FFG prepainted ones. lol

You're implying that the Reaper miniatures "compete" against the FFG ones. They do not. After purchasing the AH expansions, you can have multiples of a particular monster on the board. Both FFG and Reapers have a shoggoth, but the FFG shoggoth looks quite different than the Reaper one. The Reaper Kickstarter also has skeletons, zombies, ghosts, and even rats, which are also monsters in AH and its expansions. The Reaper Cthulhu figure can be used as a Star Spawn.

As for the monster tokens, use a bit of creativity. With sticky-tack, you can stick the figure on the face of the token after drawing it out of the cup. Or just put the token to the side of the board -- no more having to reach into the middle of the board to find the monster stats.

You also don't have to use these figures for the AH boardgame. I don't think I will. Many AH gamers are fans of the mythos and these are excellent sculpts. At $3.33 each, these are very good prices. A green base coat and dark green wash on Cthulhu should produce fantastic results. I'm not sure about Cthulhu, but the shoggoth should make a fine overblinged First Player token.

As for scale, the Reaper mini's are 25mm. Perfect for Return of the Heroes, Prophecy, D&D, and fantasy RPGs. See the Descent Conversion Kit forums about how well the miniatures proxy for Descent.

EDIT: Might want to look at this level of bling to see where miniatures would fit in fine! http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/829568/3d-board-model-ra...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Kickstarter forums

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.