Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean M
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My five-yr old daughter enjoyed the game for a little while. But then she wanted something else out of the game, so she came up with this variant entirely on her own. So I had to post her first game variant up here.

COMPONENTS
- the standard board
- the standard "Lucky Spot" items
- two or four medieval/fantasy wargame miniatures
- one six-sided and one eight-sided dice

SETUP
Set up the board as usual, with the "Lucky Spot" items in a pile off to the side. Instead of using the provided player marker, though, set half of the wargame miniatures on Granny's House, and half on the usual start area. One of the figures placed on Granny's House is "The Fierce Granny".

The older player controls the miniatures that start on Granny's House, while the younger player controls the miniatures on the standard start space. The older player get a free raft (from the Lucky Spot items).

The older player uses the six-sided dice for all game rolls, while the younger player uses the eight-sided dice. Some may want to weight things even more in the younger-player's favour by allowing him or her to roll a 10-sided, 12-sided, or 20-sided dice. This will affect the speed of the game, as well as the outcome (see GAME END below).

GAMEPLAY
The younger player rolls first, and moves as usual. The older player also rolls and moves, but moves away from Granny's House towards the Start spot.

Take Lucky Spot items as usual, and overcome obstacles through storytelling. This is where the wargame miniatures can come in handy. "My horsey jumps over the river!", or "My archer shoots the bear!"

GAME END
The players' miniatures are gradually getting closer to each other as they move. When they meet, they cannot pass each other. Instead, a battle ensues. Each player rolls their dice, and the one with the largest number wins! (this is why it's very important to weight the dice in the younger player's advantage... kids like winning this game) The figure that was The Fierce Granny is usually knocked over at this point

I hope someone else finds it fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.