Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitko Simidchiev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
Check out our Bulgarian board games site BigBoxGamers.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey so I am new to the whole Netrunner thing but I come from a background of Magic, LotR LCG, and many board games that use cards. In this context I have a couple of questions after reading the rules and looking over some cards:

1. Does Kate's ability stack with the Event "Modded" for a total discount of 4, or is Kate's ability only relevant when using an action to install a card directly (as opposed to through the effects of another, such as Modded)?

2. I am pretty sure I know the answer but how exactly do recurring credits work? I am relatively certain that you just refill the credits on the card to the amount listed in front of the credit symbol at the start of each of your turns and they don't actually accumulate, which is the only other way I could imagine this working. Am I correct that "3 recurring credits" means that card has exactly 3 credits on it at the beginning of each of your turns, regardless of you spending any or none of them in your last?

Thanks in advance for any light you might shed! This game looks very interesting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alexmitko wrote:

1. Does Kate's ability stack with the Event "Modded" for a total discount of 4, or is Kate's ability only relevant when using an action to install a card directly (as opposed to through the effects of another, such as Modded)?

I'd think that they stacked - since Modded refers to what it's doing as "installing", I'm thinking Kate's discount would apply to it.
Quote:

2. I am pretty sure I know the answer but how exactly do recurring credits work? I am relatively certain that you just refill the credits on the card to the amount listed in front of the credit symbol at the start of each of your turns and they don't actually accumulate, which is the only other way I could imagine this working. Am I correct that "3 recurring credits" means that card has exactly 3 credits on it at the beginning of each of your turns, regardless of you spending any or none of them in your last?

The rules for recurring credits state "Any recurring credits a player spends are replaced on their host card at the beginning of that player’s turn. A player can only spend these credits as instructed by their host card."

The emphasis is mine. You're correct that they don't accumulate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Owens
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I'm pretty sure you can combine the ability & the event for a discount of 4. However, I don't 100% with no reservations.

2) There were a number of classic NR cards that had this basic mechanic. You are correct in your interpretation of recurring credits. They do not stack and only "refill" if they are not full when your turn starts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitko Simidchiev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
Check out our Bulgarian board games site BigBoxGamers.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarifications! I tend to agree with both of you on Kate's stacking but just as with recurring credits I wanted a second opinion as this particular game and all of its intricacies are new to me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Owens
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem. I really like the Recurring Credits iconography. Makes things much cleaner than the classic cards with this mechanic.

All of them would say "Put [X] from the bank on when it is installed. Use these bits only to pay for . If you use any of these bits, replace them at the start of your next turn." in addition to any other effect they may have had.

I love classic Netrunner, but the amount of text on a large portion of the cards is pretty crazy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Weren't the runner programs with recurring credits refilled after every run?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Owens
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not the ones that come to my mind. The stealth cards of Cloak, Invisibility, and Vewy Vewy Quiet all are turn-refilled, not run-refilled.

http://www.netrunneronline.com/cards/cloak/

I'm definitely not a pro on the library of ClassicNR cards. Are there any runner cards with recurring bits that reset each run?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a Classic NR player, but what you describe is exactly how Bad Publicity works now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Jamet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
malhaku wrote:
No problem. I really like the Recurring Credits iconography. Makes things much cleaner than the classic cards with this mechanic.

All of them would say "Put [X] from the bank on when it is installed. Use these bits only to pay for . If you use any of these bits, replace them at the start of your next turn." in addition to any other effect they may have had.

I love classic Netrunner, but the amount of text on a large portion of the cards is pretty crazy.

The rules for AD:NR don't state if the credits are put on the card when it is installed, or if they came for the first time at the start of the next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Nowak
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pyjam wrote:
malhaku wrote:

The rules for AD:NR don't state if the credits are put on the card when it is installed, or if they came for the first time at the start of the next turn.

That's because it's implied that since the credits are part of the card's text, they are there to start with when you install that particular card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pyjam wrote:
malhaku wrote:

(page 22)
[recurring credit]: This symbol stands for recurring credit. It always
appears with a numeral, such as 1[recurring credit], which means “one
recurring credit,” or 3[recurring credit], which means “three recurring credits.”
Any recurring credits a player spends are replaced on their host
card at the beginning of that player’s turn. A player can only
spend these credits as instructed by their host card.

(page 30)
Credit, Recurring ([recurring credit]): A credit
that, when spent, returns to its host card
at the start of that player’s next turn. A
player can only spend recurring credits as
instructed by their host.

The use of the words 'return' and 'replaced' imply that the credits are placed on the card at the time of installation and refreshed at the beginning of that player's turn if previously spent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Jamet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. Thanks.
That said, one more sentence in a 36-page rulebook would not harm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's not already there, this might warrant an entry in your FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kingjames01 wrote:
If it's not already there, this might warrant an entry in your FAQ.

concur

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.