Subject: The one thing missing from MageKnight: Board Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Channing Guenther
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Does anyone else feel that this incredibly amazing game could really use a summary sheet that displays all the info about every unit and skill available in the game?

Something like how the back page of the Game Walkthrough shows exactly what each tile is.

While playing PBF here on BGG, I've gotten somewhat annoyed at having to open the entirety of my game just to dig through various decks of cards when I want to check out specifics about units or to find out which skills do what. I suppose a summary sheet could also have tactics information on it as well as city info and tile info.

I dunno... Maybe my suggestion is only really useful to us PBF players.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
http://unofficialmageknighttheboardgame.wikia.com

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Engel

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:

Some things haven't been added to it yet... though I did just finish out the tactics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
mbmbmb
It's getting there, slowly but surely. I added the artifacts a little while back.

Always helps to have more contributors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Channing Guenther
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
The wiki certainly is useful and I wouldn't mind helping finish it.

Though, I think I'd still love a cheat sheet (or two) even for when playing face-to-face. Hopefully there'll be one in the expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Honestly, it doesn't seem like a cheat sheet is valuable for very many players. It would be somewhat useful for playing or discussing the game on forums... and a rather small proportion of buyers would care about that. For everyone else, there's no need for a cheat sheet because the cards are sitting right in front of you while you play.

If you really want it, you'll probably have to write it up yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Engel

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you seen this reference?

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/75296/complete-rules-refer...

That lists the skills at least, and a lot of other info. The Unit info isn't listed, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Murmak
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
c_guenther wrote:
Does anyone else feel that this incredibly amazing game could really use a summary sheet that displays all the info about every unit and skill available in the game?

Something like how the back page of the Game Walkthrough shows exactly what each tile is.

While playing PBF here on BGG, I've gotten somewhat annoyed at having to open the entirety of my game just to dig through various decks of cards when I want to check out specifics about units or to find out which skills do what. I suppose a summary sheet could also have tactics information on it as well as city info and tile info.

Thoughts?

I've created and uploaded file which should help you out a bit. Wait for an approval
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ayumi Hakase
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
c_guenther wrote:

Thoughts?

Agree 100%. Especially when learning the game, that quick help sheets that you can put on the tabletop by your gamepieces make everything easier and more enjoyable.

Great suggestion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.