1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Glory to Rome» Forums » News

Subject: UPDATE #31: The Glory Of Shipping rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Amber Ying
United States
flag msg tools
Welcome to another week at the warehouse! If my inbox is any indication, I know that you have tons of questions, so thank you so much for being so patient so far. If you're still here, then you're still with us to the end. For that, we are all very, very grateful.

Quick recap:

Week of August 5

- Ship to GenCon for backer pickup (DONE!)
- Ship to game stores in America for backer pickup (STARTED)
- Ship Rubble for Americas (DELAYED)
- Ship to backers in Americas (DELAYED)
- Ship to backers in Asia (DELAYED)
- Ship to all in Europe (DELAYED)

I can hear the cries now: What's with all the delays?! Here's the scoop:

Americas

We didn't plan on shipping to GenCon originally but due to the positive feedback we got for the idea, we decided to do it. We want to get games to backers any way possible! So we took time to ship to GenCon, which meant that we had to take time away from other tasks.

Also, half the team came down with a very contagious illness that knocks you off your feet, so they were out for the week. Could they have come in and worked through their sickness? Sure but that would have been demanding for Matt and Mithu and would have gotten ALL of us sick, which means that EVERYTHING would have been delayed.

But we are getting games out! So far, games for these stores have been shipped:

- Aero Hobbies & Games
- Ancient Wonders
- Black Diamond Games
- Cloud Cap Games
- Crazy Squirrel Game Store
- DiceHouse Games
- Dr. Cain's Comics & Games
- Epic Gaming
- Game Kastle
- Gamescape SF
- Gator Games
- Guardian Games
- Legends Comics & Games
- Pair A Dice Games
- Red Castle Games LLC
- The Last Grenadier

Asia
We got delayed by an unforeseen logistic hurdle, but we are shipping game to backers in Asia now!

Europe
Our fearless leader, Ed, has signed off and picked up the games, but unlike here in America where we have four people (when everyone is healthy), there is only one person to take care of all the shipments in Europe. He will be working hard to get all the packs together to be shipped!

In other words, we're doing what we can with what we got. We are getting the games out though!

Plan for the week:

Week of August 12

- Ship to game stores in America for backer pickup
- Ship Rubble for Americas
- Ship to backers in Americas
- Ship to backers in Asia
- Ship to all in Europe

We're already shipping to stores in Americas, and we can say for certain that we will be shipping to backers in Asia and Americas later this week. Europe, we will be getting your games out to you ASAP, too!

But how will you know about what's happening?
- We will email you if there is a problem. If you haven't heard anything about a problem from us by now, you are all set.
- We will also email you once your game is on its way. I know that a lot of you are excited for Black Box, but you don't need to check your mailbox every day! Just your inbox.
- Every moment we spend answering your questions about where things are means that we are taking time away from getting the games to you. I know that all of you have tons of questions and valid concerns, but unless they are related specifically to a change of address or verifying a store, we can't prioritize it. We hear your cries of getting games out to you, so we are doing that.

That's all for now! Now back to shipping ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I would have known that GenCon pickup was an option...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I can only wish you good luck to the Asia package.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cole Wehrle wrote:

How could you? They didn't even know themselves!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Ellis
United States
Aloha
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Try a new game today :)
badge
Happy Gaming!
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like you've shipped to every store in Oregon except mine (Rainy Day Games)...very frustrating. I'm hoping this was an oversight and that you've shipped our copies as well...after all, I've got 11 copies for the store in addition to the copies for backers that selected our store and that's a decent number of people that I really don't enjoy seeing disappointed. Thanks for listening & good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NateStraight wrote:
Cole Wehrle wrote:

I guess with the barrage of updates, I just assumed something like that would make its way into the news feed.

Don't get me wrong, I think the product looks great and I don't mind if I get it now or in a couple weeks--there are plenty of other things to play, I just wish they would have let this detail out in time for me to shoot them a note about it as I've got a couple friends passing through en route to my wedding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Schindler
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know. If I'd known that the original schedule wouldn't have been kept, I would have scheduled GenCon pickup as well. Now I'm stuck having paid extra for shipping and waiting until the very end to receive my package. It's okay. It will be worth it, right?

I hope so. I traded Eminent Domain in January because I was supposed to be receiving my black box soon (...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
In other news: I'm sad that you didn't ship to game stores alphabetically; I was sure that my FLGS "+1 Gaming" was going to be first on the list. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Right before my 401 Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
People are funny. Backers of Black Box would b!tch if they were hung with a new rope, yeesh. No one here must play/reserve/pre-order video games at all, the way those things are delayed the entire industry would have gone under years ago. 2 updates ago the GenCon option was mentioned (update 29). I actually forgot this was coming because D-Day Dice dropped in my lap about a month ago and I can't seem to get that off the table everyone is loving it so this'll be a bonus. Just lookin forward to finally playing this game, its been on my radar for a couple of years to play and my group is very excited too we can survive another week or two especially since half my group is on vacation through the rest of August.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cole Wehrle wrote:
NateStraight wrote:
Cole Wehrle wrote:

I guess with the barrage of updates, I just assumed something like that would make its way into the news feed.

Don't get me wrong, I think the product looks great and I don't mind if I get it now or in a couple weeks--there are plenty of other things to play, I just wish they would have let this detail out in time for me to shoot them a note about it as I've got a couple friends passing through en route to my wedding.

They had an update about Gencon pickup two weeks ago or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobtina O'Riely
msg tools
mbmb
Seeing my LGS on the list of already shipped to stores is a big relief.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trenttsd wrote:
Cole Wehrle wrote:
NateStraight wrote:
Cole Wehrle wrote:

They had an update about Gencon pickup two weeks ago or so.

I just combed through my inbox and found it. My bad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sniezek
United States
Dorchester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rainydaysteve wrote:
It seems like you've shipped to every store in Oregon except mine (Rainy Day Games)...very frustrating. I'm hoping this was an oversight and that you've shipped our copies as well...after all, I've got 11 copies for the store in addition to the copies for backers that selected our store and that's a decent number of people that I really don't enjoy seeing disappointed. Thanks for listening & good luck.

Steve,

My apologies for the oversight in Amber's post. We shipped to backers at Rainy Day Games as well as Games of Berkeley in California. However, in the process of reviewing things today I found some things which will require us to make another shipment to you both. As such, I flagged them as being next on the ship list rather than complete, and thus Amber missed them when compiling her list for the update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Watkins
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
where's my copy lol

and why the hell did you ship to the west coast first lol... im 2 hours away ship to me in alphabetical order

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SixtyWATZ wrote:
where's my copy lol

and why the hell did you ship to the west coast first lol... im 2 hours away ship to me in alphabetical order

My guess is that they are doing it GMT Games style so that the arrivals happen more or less at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hunter
United Kingdom
Newcastle-under-Lyme
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Glory be to seeing is believing - ie until I actually see the game in my hand it is appropriate I think to have a certain amount of skepticism towards any claims that it will be with me soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O'Brien
Australia
Fitzgibbon (Brisbane)
QLD
flag msg tools
...but don't tell anyone!
badge
The Secret Bread Empire Über Alles!
mbmbmbmbmb
"Asia" includes "Australia", right...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hisala Mander
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aying wrote:

Also, half the team came down with a very contagious illness that knocks you off your feet, so they were out for the week. Could they have come in and worked through their sickness? Sure but that would have been demanding for Matt and Mithu and would have gotten ALL of us sick, which means that EVERYTHING would have been delayed.

Tongue in cheek as it is:
We kickstarters are not unreasonable people.
We did wait approx a year. The complaints only started when there were delays.

I would never criticise for sickness

I would criticise that Gencon gets priority at the expense of others.

Also were there more people getting games delivered to stores than to their own addresses? if not then why are they getting it shipped earlier and for five dollars less too.
If yes, then ignore that last paragraph.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Ellis
United States
Aloha
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Try a new game today :)
badge
Happy Gaming!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Williams
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I'm new to this site. I am posting here because my father's will mentioned something about this game. I need to find out what the deal is, because his copy will need to be probated with the rest of his estate.
His dying words were, "Where's my Black Box?" Does anyone have a clue what he was talking about?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
just gotta say, I think organizations have that tailspin often find themselves in the unenviable position of doing nothing right.

That said, I find the gencon taking precedence over mailing the damn games out to people who actually paid extra to get them sent to their residences as a bit odd. But then again, maybe its because shipping each box costs more than $5, so they are trying to save a little here and there?

I don't know. I've managed not avoid getting aggravated throughout the whole process, just resigned to the fact that will arrive sooner or later, but I should have just waited and purchased it at OLGS discount. At least I made my statement for good art in gaming. Hope CGF does something good with the cash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Langhorne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"I will take love wherever I find it, and offer it to everyone who will take it. Seek knowledge from those wiser, and teach those who wish to learn." -Duane Allman
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason they're prioritizing store orders over individual orders is because the stores are the big fish. What better way to build up a database of all the game stores in the country then to have your customers provide you the information free of charge.

The real question is, "How do you think people are going to feel when someone posts how they walked into a store and got the game before them and probably for cheaper too"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MusicToEat wrote:
The real question is, "How do you think people are going to feel when someone posts how they walked into a store and got the game before them and probably for cheaper too"?

A true geek would poop a brick and scream about it on BGG...unfortunately I'm just a sad sack human being who will look upon it in a bemused fashion after being made to wait a year due to a comedy of errors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Cole / Jonathan: GenCon pickup was setup between my small publishing company, Living Worlds Games, and Cambridge Games Factory because I wanted to help out another independent publishing company. I offered to hand out the games to KickStarter supporters at GenCon through the booth I'm part of (Booth #1413, APE Games / Living Worlds Games) because I am a huge fan of Glory to Rome and believe that game publishers should help support each other. The offer was only made about two weeks ago once I learned that CGF was not going to be at the convention. They promptly made a GtR Black Box kickstarter post about the option, but they've been providing very constant informational updates about shipping so the information could have been overlooked by people used to reading about the current shipping status.

I would definitely offer you personal copy (It may or may not be in the shipping box downstairs) but since we ordered at different time, we would have selected different promos. As it is, if you would like to see what a copy looks like in person, I'll break mine open and you can look through the box and at the cards. If you would like to play with the copy, you can definitely borrow it for the length of the convention, no problem.

As a note, a very important note:
- Our booth will be selling Cambridge Game Factory Games (Montana, Quilis, Pala and their newest Rummy style game) so if you would like a copy, please stop by.
- Our booth will not be selling Glory to Rome Black Box. CGF / Ed wants to make 100% sure that the supporters of the KickStarter have their games before selling at conventions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.