United States
West Haven
Utah
flag msg tools
Can I take my tun back?
badge
Can I take my tun back?
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering about the glassblower ability.
Does the "pair" of cubes need to be next to each other physically, or is it basically just 1 point for every 2 cubes in the cathedral?

We have been playing it as just every 2 cubes you get a victory point for each activation.

On the Card explanation and the picture it states
"grants you 1 VP per pair of cubes you have at the Cathedral."
and the picture on the card shows them next to each other.

As a fun side note, my wife and I were playing this with my 11 year old son. He had Urbain IV as the secret role and had already invested quite heavily into the cathedral when the glassblower showed up as the III white card, he wasn't hoping for that, but it was a nice bit of luck. He was all over that card and scored 20+ points in the next few rounds on that combo alone. He completely destroyed us in the game. Smart little sucker!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Brendel
United States
Dunwoody
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards also make it look like every group of dice must contain exactly three. Don't take the iconography too literally. Glassblower is just counting cubes, he doesn't care where they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Montgomery
United States
West Haven
Utah
flag msg tools
Can I take my tun back?
badge
Can I take my tun back?
mbmbmbmbmb
Squidd wrote:
The cards also make it look like every group of dice must contain exactly three. Don't take the iconography too literally. Glassblower is just counting cubes, he doesn't care where they are.

Thanks for the quick response. That's the way we have been playing, it's just been one of those nagging questions at the back of my head each time that cards comes up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.