Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

D-Day Dice» Forums » General

Subject: Any Kickstarters with the large DOUBLE-SIZE MAPS care to give a review? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Card sleeves? We don't need no stinkin' card sleeves!
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since us hoi polloi are waiting for the Operation Neptune expansion, anyone among the Kickstarters care to give a brief review of the LARGE battle maps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leacockzoo wrote:
Since us hoi polloi are waiting for the Operation Neptune expansion, anyone among the Kickstarters care to give a brief review of the LARGE battle maps?

Not me. I am gradually working my way through the single maps. I play each map (mostly solitaire, but some 2-4 player) until I/we beat it. Am about half way through the basic eight battle maps. I am tempted to jump ahead, but have determined to play it through sequentially. I am sure others are far ahead of me and will be anxious to hear their answers to your questions, however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Card sleeves? We don't need no stinkin' card sleeves!
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished the basic "eight" and did them all solo. I logged many defeats before each victory. Never have I lost so much at a game yet had so much fun (compared to Dungeonquest where you lose a lot and it's NOT so much fun???). This one's a keeper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently bought the basic game and having real trouble with Utah beach at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Operation Overlord (Operation Neptune is the other one). Overlord is double deep (Neptune is double wide). Overlord 4 player, it has the random unknown zones, command post rules, the cliff segments, and 2 bunkers. The first bunker is on the left side about half way up, all units must attack and take this bunker. The second bunker is in the middle on the far side and all units must take this one also to win.
Basically it is like playing a map, taking the bunker, then having to continue with whatever resources you have left for the second segment of the assault. Oh the 2nd bunker you must stay and fight in it for 3 turns.

I did enjoy playing it and hope to see more of them in the future. I wouldn't play this map with a newbie. It took about twice as long to complete as the other maps (is that obvious?!?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.