Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Can anyone ID this play money? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
L D
msg tools
While digging through an old toybox I came across this single piece of play money. Tried looking up photos of any games I remember having as a kid as well as a general Google image search but I'm coming up blank. It's on the edge of my memory and it's driving me nuts. Anyone know where it's from?

It's 4" wide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rishi A.
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pay Day

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ham
United States
The Colony
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
HONK HONK
mbmbmbmbmb
Pay Day.
I played it a bunch as a kid as well.

Edit: ninjaninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
Rishi wrote:

Wow—that artwork is giving me serious 1970s flashbacks, and I've never even played Pay Day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L D
msg tools
Thanks both of you for the quick response!

Wow, I forgot for decades that this game even existed. But now that I look at the photos it's all flooding back. I liked the game, and can't fathom why I (apparently) threw it out. Probably the usual, lost most of the pieces...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Snyder
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Shouldn't you be playing a game with me instead of wasting time on the Internet?
mbmbmbmbmb
ldhenson wrote:

Wow, I forgot for decades that this game even existed. But now that I look at the photos it's all flooding back. I liked the game, and can't fathom why I (apparently) threw it out. Probably the usual, lost most of the pieces...

if you decide you need to have it again, make sure you get the original game. They redeveloped it back in the 90s.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hampton
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That's just spooky. I immediately thought "Payday" but couldn't actually remember the money, having not seen it since about 1980.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
Remington wrote:
That's just spooky. I immediately thought "Payday" but couldn't actually remember the money, having not seen it since about 1980.

I thought either Pay Day or Careers. I remember someone mentioning the Artist's name once. Didn't he do School House Rock or somthing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still own a copy with this currency in it, in playable shape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rishi A.
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ldhenson wrote:

I liked the game a lot as a kid. I have no idea if I would still like it now. It may be stashed away somewhere at my parents' house, but I haven't seen it for years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L D
msg tools
Andrew Snyder wrote:
if you decide you need to have it again, make sure you get the original game. They redeveloped it back in the 90s.

Yeah, no wonder the first few photos I saw of the (new) English-language game were confusing. ("Oh boy, is my memory even worse than I thought?") And then I saw the photos of the original "Mail" and "Deal" cards and suddenly I was a kid sitting at my friend's kitchen table playing the game again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.