Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Iron
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick question on the Snaga Scouts, which has the following text:

"Forced: At the beginning of the encounter phase, all copies of Snaga Scouts engage the player with the lowest threat. (The first player chooses in case of a tie.)"

If at the beginning of the encounter phase Snaga Scout is already engaged with a player who does not have the lowest threat anymore, do Snaga Scout abandon him and engage the player with the lowest threat?

My gut feeling tells me no, it stays... but still not sure.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
bveld wrote:
A quick question on the Snaga Scouts, which has the following text:

"Forced: At the beginning of the encounter phase, all copies of Snaga Scouts engage the player with the lowest threat. (The first player chooses in case of a tie.)"

If at the beginning of the encounter phase Snaga Scout is already engaged with a player who does not have the lowest threat anymore, do Snaga Scout abandon him and engage the player with the lowest threat?

My gut feeling tells me no, it stays... but still not sure.

Thanks.

They will abandon one player to engage another. Otherwise the text would read something like "All copies of snaga scout in the staging area engage the player with the lowest threat"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cosined
United States
Walpole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would interpret it in the opposite manner. Nothing that I know of precludes encounter cards re-engaging based on card effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cosined wrote:
I would interpret it in the opposite manner. Nothing that I know of precludes encounter cards re-engaging based on card effects.

Ditto. Engaging only happens from the staging area.

But I actually wanted to ask another question about Snaga Scouts as well.

When there are two decks with the same threat, do you choose one player to get ALL of the Snaga Scouts? Or can you choose for each scout, which player he engages?

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first 2 responses were saying the same thing, both responding to the OP's question, confirming that the Snaga Scouts move if someone gets a lower threat. I agree with them ... there are other examples where enemies move around from player to player (Attercop, Attercop in the Return To Mirkwood scenario for one).

When there are 2 decks with the same threat, the card text says all Snaga Scouts join the first player (not players) with the lowest threat, and that the first player chooses which player (not players) has the lowest threat. So it reads to me that all must go to one player, not split amongst several players.

When in doubt, following the effect text literally without putting interpretations on it usually gets the right answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I guess this would be one case of the specific card rule trumping the general then.

As for the same-threat question... I don't think the text is that clear, hence the question (it doesn't really say what the first player chooses). But I agree, that this seems the most straightforward way of handling it.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
Ok, I guess this would be one case of the specific card rule trumping the general then.

Actually, that's the Golden Rule ... the specific card rule ALWAYS overrides the general rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.