Subject: Cards affected negatively by fire/ice resistance.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might have missed it but can't see it anywhere, but did anyone make a list of the cards that are negatively affected by fire or ice resistance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim OConnor
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what you are asking...but all red cards that do not say "attack" or "block" are "negatively affected" by fire resistance. Same for blue cards and ice resistance.

If a card says "Ice block 3, reduce armor by 3" and you use this against something with ice resistance, the card will effectively read "Ice block 3" and the rest is ignored.

If a card says "Fire block 4 - if part of a successful block destroy the blocked creature" and you use this against something with fire resistance, the card will effectively read "Fire block 4" and the rest is ignored.

Once you get used to it, it becomes simple to remember.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And regardless of whether a red or blue mana is spent on the stronger effect right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Spells will always cost a red or blue mana. The stronger effect requires Black mana.

Going through the Wiki shows the following spells potentially impacted:

9. Burning Shield / Exploding Shield. Exploding Shield's special effect (destroy the blocked enemy) does not work on units with Fire Resistance.
10. Chill / Lethal Chill. Totally useless against anything with Ice Resistance.
13. Demolish / Disintegrate. Enemies with Fire Resistance don't get Armor -1, and can't be destroyed automatically by Disintegrate. You can still use Demolish to ignore Site Fortifications, even if all the monsters you are facing have Fire Resistance (I am not 100% certain on this).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Lee
United States
FLORHAM PARK
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Faranim wrote:
You can still use Demolish to ignore Site Fortifications, even if all the monsters you are facing have Fire Resistance (I am not 100% certain on this).

That is correct, as the card affects the site itself, not the monsters. Paul clarified this in a post, but I am too lazy to find it atmwhistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joost Kleppe
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of the rules that Vlaada really should not have put in IMHO. Very user-unfriendly. Awesome game apart from that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joostkleppe wrote:
This is one of the rules that Vlaada really should not have put in IMHO. Very user-unfriendly.

Some of us really like having this kind of specific rule that adds flavor and detail to the planning. It's one more little thing to keep in mind and optimize around. What you call "user-unfriendly" I call "keeping things interesting".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.