Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Things on the workbench... hopefully I'll get at least one or two done this year.

Tara's World
This was a free print-and-play solitaire game that I can never quite get to work out. The idea is that Tara is a young girl with an overactive imagination, and you interact with character cards in much the same way you would in an old point-and-click PC adventure. (i.e., Use {item} on {character}. {Talk with} {character}.) When you interact with a person in different ways, there are consequences. The trick is that Tara has "imagination" (dementia?) cards that she puts on people and things, such as "Vampire" for example. So if there's a "Vampire" card on her father, for example, then whenever she interacts with her father, she also interacts with the Vampire in the exact same way, and both cards produce consequences. Can you navigate Tara's increasingly complicated world?

X-COM Agents
Inspired by X-COM UFO Express, this was a personal project of mine in attempting a redesign. I love the awesome tech development chart made for that game and how it was used, but want to develop my own system for combat and agent training and so forth. Whereas X-COM UFO Express was elegant and simple, my redesign would be a little more in-depth and tactical, albeit by having a lot more counters and a dozen or so added rule pages. I'm not sure if I'll actually finish this one or not, but if I do, it may become a companion piece to another game such as Target Earth.

Degabah: Rise of the Jedi
This game has just been completed, actually, and I'm quite happy with it, though I wish I was a better artist. I purchased the game Friday and liked it, but didn't enjoy the theme, so this is simply a re-design of all the cards and a re-theme into the Star Wars universe. I made it purely for my own enjoyment, since I know I can't post it up as it infringes on two different copyrights. I do think the new theme makes it much more fun though. Fighting two Sith Lords in the end, one after the other, is just perfect.

New Earth
A new planet has been found and humans want to settle it. The Space Exploration Coalition has dropped several modules and utility pods on the planet, and the first expedition of settlers have arrived, representing different factions in the Coalition that have invested in this project. Your job is to expand the colony and build more habitat modules for the colonists that are on their way here from Earth. The game is a negotiation game involving "rental" of communal equipment, use of production times, and eventual ownership of property, land, share rights, and means of production. The winner is the faction that earns the most Influence by the time the civilian colonists' ships arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
I also purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
badge
I purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
lordrahvin wrote:

Tara's World
This was a free print-and-play solitaire game that I can never quite get to work out. The idea is that Tara is a young girl with an overactive imagination, and you interact with character cards in much the same way you would in an old point-and-click PC adventure. (i.e., Use on . .) When you interact with a person in different ways, there are consequences. The trick is that Tara has "imagination" (dementia?) cards that she puts on people and things, such as "Vampire" for example. So if there's a "Vampire" card on her father, for example, then whenever she interacts with her father, she also interacts with the Vampire in the exact same way, and both cards produce consequences. Can you navigate Tara's increasingly complicated world?

This is the one that interests me the most. Both thematically and mechanically it's a really cool (and solid) idea. If you need/want any help or a sound board or whatever, drop me a GeekMail and I'd be happy to make time to see this particular concept to completion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.