United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everybody I am looking for a person or persons that want to carpool to BGG Con from the Phoenix or Tucson, Arizona area. If you live along the path like somewhere in New Mexico or El Paso, Texas that would work too.

I made the drive last year. From Phoenix is took about 15 hours and I'm used to long drives so I actually made the entire stretch and let my business partner sleep. He has a baby on the way that's due around the time of BGG Con so he won't be going. I drive a 2011 Scion xB (wagon) so there is a good amount of room and you won't be cramped, gets pretty good gas mileage to.

Of course I'll be looking for people to share in the cost of gas. I think last year the gas cost roughly around $200 for the entire trip so if only one person goes it would only cost $100. I'll likely be staying with a friend in the DFW area so you'll have to do your own in-town driving but obviously you'll have a space for the long ride home. Planning on leaving 2 days before (can be changed to day before if necessary) and leaving the Monday morning after (Early around 6am)

Send me a Geek Mail if you're interested. The road trip is pretty fun and it was actually one of my favorite parts of going last year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
unlpat wrote:
Hey everybody I am looking for a person or persons that want to carpool to BGG Con from the Phoenix or Tucson, Arizona area. If you live along the path like somewhere in New Mexico or El Paso, Texas that would work too.

I made the drive last year. From Phoenix is took about 15 hours and I'm used to long drives so I actually made the entire stretch and let my business partner sleep. He has a baby on the way that's due around the time of BGG Con so he won't be going. I drive a 2011 Scion xB (wagon) so there is a good amount of room and you won't be cramped, gets pretty good gas mileage to.

Of course I'll be looking for people to share in the cost of gas. I think last year the gas cost roughly around $200 for the entire trip so if only one person goes it would only cost $100. I'll likely be staying with a friend in the DFW area so you'll have to do your own in-town driving but obviously you'll have a space for the long ride home. Planning on leaving 2 days before (can be changed to day before if necessary) and leaving the Monday morning after (Early around 6am)

Send me a Geek Mail if you're interested. The road trip is pretty fun and it was actually one of my favorite parts of going last year.

Just to let you know, something to keep in mind... If my job search continues to be completely ineffective, I will have to take most of my collection to bgg.con, and, therefore, have to drive. I'll be coming from San Diego, so...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Nickell
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me know. Good luck on the job search. I grew up in San Diego and there's a small chance I might be moving back if my wife gets a job offer from out that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.