Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan " ; " Czop
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It's called "The Keep". Looks pretty cool!

Check it out:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1286842883/the-keep-any-...

(It makes the KS project better knowing that he is wearing a kilt)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$170 for the cheapest one? Seriously? I'm going to, uh...keep...my money on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan " ; " Czop
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugh_G_Rection wrote:
$170 for the cheapest one? Seriously? I'm going to, uh...keep...my money on this one.

Ouch! I just noticed this as well... a good idea at the very least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At $750K, I wish them the best of luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, for just $50, you can get a nice T-shirt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smurf-o-Deth
United States
Brownsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mb
A bargain at half the price!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sant
United States
Easton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
at least their funding goal is reasonable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a good idea in theory, but since the games I'm playing are in constant flux, if I had one of these, I would be sorting components every week.

Unless it holds 100+ games, and can be carried by one person, I think I'm still better off putting games in my plastic tub.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom O'Neill
United States
Pacific
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking for something to carry the boxes as well. I dont want to separate my games into chambers for one night then have to do it all over again for another night.
Plus I'd like wheels with an extending arm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Finkelstein
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems far more annoying than a simple $20 rolling duffel bag into which you calmly place your game boxes with no further work required.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
monchi
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I will stick to my $2 Ikea bag
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Kiley
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What I always struggle with is bringing games along on vacation (usually road trips). I like the "keep" because it provides a solution where you can keep your game boxes at home so they don't get mangled during an extended travel session. But the keep just looks to massive and big for any practical travel situation.

My current solution (as I'm preparing for a week long road trip) is to use THIS CASE, which I own but can be bought for less than $30 bucks. Behind the tool flat in the lid is space to store game boards, rule books, and other larger boards. There are a few movable dividers to make space for other component needs, and the whole thing is padded with dense foam inside. Just pack it tightly and get everything in baggies and you are good to go. It can easily fit cardboard or plastic card boxes if you need to bring along dominion or other card heavy games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Kiley
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished packing up my case. I managed to fit in the following:

Deck of Cards x2
Cribbage board
Decktet, tokens, some rule sheets
Citadels
Monopoly Deal Card Game
Serica: Plains of Dust
Carcassonne: Hunters and Gatherers
Glen More
Race for the Galaxy + gathering storm
State of Crisis Prototype
Tigris & Euphrates

Whowsers! Almost squeezed in Antike, but held off!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
for $170, I think I'll just buy duplicates of the games I plan to transport.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen B
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mezmorki wrote:

My current solution (as I'm preparing for a week long road trip) is to use THIS CASE, which I own but can be bought for less than $30 bucks.

We travel a lot and love to take games with us. In fact, I'm sitting in our camper right now in the middle of a two-week camping trip! Many of our games have extra wear from travel. Some don't make the trip due to awkward boxes. I think you, sir, may have just made a sale for Harbor Freight tools! Thanks for taking the time to mention this and explain why you love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks pretty... heavy...

Honestly, most boardgamers already have a solution. IMO, it's the *miniatures* gamers who would be more open to this, although they have their solutions as well. Given how much stuff I can fit into an Arkham Horror or Dominion base game box and, more importantly, how *heavy* one box is, I can't imagine what it would be like to lift a Keep. I don't see where the wheels attach or where the extension handle is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
red black wrote:
This one's called "The Quadcon"

...and once you arrive and unpack your games, there's room to set up a table and play inside it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ayumi Hakase
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Price point is monstrously high.

A NO KEEPER in my book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarc wrote:
I was looking for something to carry the boxes as well. I dont want to separate my games into chambers for one night then have to do it all over again for another night.
Plus I'd like wheels with an extending arm.

A bit sad they failed to think of wheels and the telescoping arm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to Michaels, get a Scrapbook Tote with wheels.

I got mine on one of their monthly sales for $28, and it came with several plastic bits organizers in it. I believe I have 17 games in it at thins point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For transporting my games, I picked up some stackable plastic crates for about $3.50 each. I can put three standard-sized game boxes in each, plus a couple smaller games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen B
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there may be two requirements. On my shelves, I have all our games in their original boxes.

If I'm going to a game night at another location, it's not too bad to put them in a crate or box, even a bag to get there. It's nice to have the whole box as an advertisement for the game. Carrying a stack of crates from my car to someone's house isn't too awkward and bigger boxes can stick out the top.

But, if I'm travelling, space is at a premium and the risk of box damage is much greater. I'm already living out of a car or a modest-sized camper. Bringing along a stack of milk crates is not a great option and those games sticking out of the top are going to get munged. In that case, I love the aluminum box or scrapbooking tote idea. I can unbox a set of games just for the trip, leaving their boxes safely at home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
Vegatable Alien is perlexed by slab of meat.
mbmbmbmbmb
While very cool, the price is going to keep me away.

On the up side, this thread got my butt in gear and I finally picked up a duffel bag specifically for my games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan " ; " Czop
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EitherOrlok wrote:
For transporting my games, I picked up some stackable plastic crates for about $3.50 each. I can put three standard-sized game boxes in each, plus a couple smaller games.

I have tried crates before and one game always ends up jumbled. horizontal stacking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shikosaki wrote:
EitherOrlok wrote:

I have tried crates before and one game always ends up jumbled. horizontal stacking?

For the big boxes, yes. I don't care to resort all the bits every time I open a game.

The smaller ones usually go vertically, though. Really, it's just "whatever fits best, doesn't spill in transit, and isn't so heavy I jack up my back trying to lift it".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.