GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,419 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » England

Subject: North London Gaming (Southgate/Cockfosters area) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Palmer
United Kingdom
Southgate, London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

My wife and I are just about to move to Southgate and was wondering if anyone is from that area and would like to meet up to play games?

In Dagenham we had a fortnightly games evening in our home with food and games, and we would love to do the same in Southgate. We play a variety of euro and ameritrash games. Our favourites include Agricola, Dominion, Blood Bowl Team Manager, Resistance, Pandemic, Puzzle Strike and Puerto Rico.

So:
- Any takers?
- Or anybody know how I could search for BGG gamers in my area?

Many thanks,
Andy Palmer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't for the life of me remember where the link is to the (beta) map of gamers that someone was putting together, but there are clubs in Finchley and Crouch End so that might be a good place to start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Winchmore Hill
London
flag msg tools
Lv 30 Lawful/Evil Human Dungeon Master
badge
In Toruk's name!
mb
I'll be moving to Winchmore Hill in the next couple of months and am always on the lookout for more gaming friends I'll get back in touch then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel VandenBurg
United Kingdom
ISLEWORTH
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Am from finchley area

huzzah u now live nearer to leisure games well done.

games club for area is old finchleans near totteridge n whetstone tube.

not sure about the barnet enfield boundary. maybe ask mike in LG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Wilson
England
DARLINGTON
Co Durham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DanV wrote:

games club for area is old finchleans near totteridge n whetstone tube.

Woodside Park for preference surely (assuming that you want the nearest station)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Poulton
United Kingdom
Harleston
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Andy

To answer your question about finding gamers in your area if you click on someone's British flag this will give you a list of everyone with a British flag, but from there you can refine your search by City or State (County). For example if you ask for everybody in "Southgate, London" you get you , but if you use "Enfield" (for example) you get a list of 7 BGG'ers you can geekmail. That's one of the ways I got members for Upminster Board Games Club.

Regards
Phil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Winchmore Hill
London
flag msg tools
Lv 30 Lawful/Evil Human Dungeon Master
badge
In Toruk's name!
mb
PHIL4477 wrote:
Hi Andy

To answer your question about finding gamers in your area if you click on someone's British flag this will give you a list of everyone with a British flag, but from there you can refine your search by City or State (County). For example if you ask for everybody in "Southgate, London" you get you , but if you use "Enfield" (for example) you get a list of 7 BGG'ers you can geekmail. That's one of the ways I got members for Upminster Board Games Club.

Regards
Phil

You make a great stalker, Phil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Heady
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
Looks like I'm a bit late to this thread.

I host regular board game evenings at my home in Enfield, have a core group every Thursday where we played a lot of Descent, but we are now playing other games for a bit!

I also host game nights on weekends sometimes to with other friends where we play a mixture of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.