Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Firstly another beautifully done Lassadar game! I love the whole series.

After my first play through, though, I have a few questions.

1) When using the Tarot Deck, there are 14 cards per suit, A-10, Page, Knight, King, Queen. In order to match the standard deck, should I be leaving out the Page or Knight?

2) Action Points - If I have 6 AP's, can I have one unit use all of them? In the rules it says:

"1 AP - one LS/BR unit may move one land hex."

Is that to mean that each unit can only move one time, or can the unit move 3 spaces, and then attack?

3) Deployment - Is there another spot for the Baron to deploy, or is there a rule stating LS units cannot be on the dock? During my solo play, I camped 2 units on the dock, basically blocking any further deployment.

4) AP's cannot be stashed until the next draw, correct? It's use them, or lose them.

Just a note, also. In the rules, under "Solo Play" the first level of the hierarchy states ≥4 AP, then the second part says >4. I'm assuming that's a typo, and one of them should be less than 4? I played with the second one being less than 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hokay to answer your questions

1. you do not have to match the tarot deck of 14 cards per suit to the standard deck of 13. statistically i know the two decks will differ a little. using the tarot deck means a slightly increased chance of a miss during combat and a slightly increased chance of AP for al units on one hex

2. yes one unit can use all APs. so the unit could move 3AP then attack. all that rule means is 1AP = move 1 land hex.

3. hummm i hadn't considered this possibility still being somewhat new to hex wargames.

i suppose i could handle this one of several ways:

a. units are deployed from the ferry onto the dock so the ferry counts as the hex they are currently on for combat

b. LS units may not occupy the dock

c. tough stuff, the BR player needs to get his beachhead out quickly.

hummm let me get back to you

4. APs are not stored. use them or lose them

the note: ah i see, yes i ned to chance tat sign. definitely a typo you are correct. 4 or more AP and 3 or fewer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok i am going to go with option B

LS units may not occupy D6

and mostly this is due to not having much more room on the rules side to squeeze anything in. which i know is not the best choice in solutions but....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response.

I'll make the necessary changes on my next play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.