Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Arkham Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Marksman (and other re-roll skills) - can they be used on other players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fraser Stanton
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Marksman Skill "Any Phase: Exhaust to re-roll a Combat Check"

It doesn't explicitly say re-roll your Combat Check, just a Combat Check. Does this mean you could use it to re-roll another players Combat Check?

I searched on the forum but didn't find anything posted already on this topic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the particular skill of that particular investigator, so, no. Skills cannot be traded (except on an expansion Mythos card). I think it's Dark Pharoah that has a Benefit that allows another investigator to use your skill.

If you're a carpenter and I can't hit the nail on the head, I can't use your skill to build a house. I'd have to hire you.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's assumed that your skill is usable only by you. Otherwise everyone becomes a marksman, Fight +1, Sneak +1, etc.

If you're looking to rules-lawyer this puppy however, I don't think it says that Sanity and Stamina losses must come from the person suffering that loss...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser Stanton
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
OK, we figured this was the case.
We were badly losing a game, and getting desperate at the end.

thanks for the replies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.