Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Leigh
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Beds
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So guys, I'm a really big fan of this game. My friend Rocky introduced me to it, and its pretty safe to say I knew it was a must buy.

When my copy arrived I cast my eye over the images here and decided I too wanted a snazzy drawstring bag for my goods tokens! And someone had done some cool things on artscow that I also thought looked spiffy.

So these things I acquired!

After this the pimping bug bit, partially inspired by the amazing pimp my board game posts every month. So I asked my friend to help me with painting the models and I looked for some nice transfers to go on the sails. This rapidly spiralled out of control from there, and now we fast forward to today when my pimping project was finally complete!

The complete pimped merchants and marauders now consists of the following :

A seascape map scavenged from a copy of Dreadfleet (we use this instead of the green felt protectors we use for most games)

4 wooden treasure chests for stashing gold

Metal gold doubloons and silver doubloons from America and two lovely drawstring bags sewed by a rather kind mum!

Fully painted models, all player ships and all nations ships

Proxy models for the Terrors from the Deep unofficial expansion (also all painted)

A custom made mission board, complete with aged scrolls to signify their location on the map

Miniature parrots to mark the home port of players as well as their progress on the glory track.

A piratical dice roller from the Q workshop, I also have their custom pirate dice but have since decided the original dice are better for the game.

Phew!! Thats all I've pimped but i think I'm about done! Pics of all the stuff below!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Groth
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the Parrots! Great idea for a Home Port marker!
Did you make them? or if purchased, where did you find them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am not a Jepperdy Champion. But I knew it was Montpelier.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
As you guide your cursor over the blue avatar a strange feeling of dread comes over you.
mbmbmbmbmb

Gotta love it !

the scrolls are very nice, as well as the treasure chests !

I think you're only missing one thing... eyepatches !

We sometimes wear a bandana on our head when we turn Pirate, and fully intend to get some eye patches for that as well !

arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'Rocky' Robertson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Now a Sarf London boy!
mbmbmbmbmb
A truely wonderful set and I'm lucky enough to be able to play with this masterpiece. I am thinking to getting an eye patch for the first pimped game this weekend arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zbyszek Ɓebkowski
Poland
flag msg tools
Whoah! You've made an awesome game even more awesome
Where did you buy those doublons ? Are they metal or plastic?

also...
blunder1983 wrote:

That's a pirate, not a merchant! Dont force him into one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leigh
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Beds
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the comments guys, the awesome paint work was done by
Simon George
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
so props to him on that front.

The parrots are from a dolls house shop online, I can't remember the exact link but if you google doll house parrot you should be able to find it pretty easily.

The coins are metal, I shipped em over, they're from the american coin company. They're really snazzy, they do do more shiny gold and silver but I preferred the muted colors.

The scrolls were made by my own fair hand, a toothpick, some silver beads, some coffee and some glue was all that was needed.

We'll be cracking the game out on Sunday if I'm lucky!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris
msg tools
What did Simon charge you to paint the ships?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.