Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you draw that card twice, does it stack? i.e. do all further cards gain Doomed 2, then?

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a thread back in Dec 11 on Doomed Stacking where the general consensus is that keywords with a number are added to the card.

In effect each newly revealed card would get "Doomed 1. Doomed 1.", meaning effects that trigger off Doomed (eg Elfhelm) can trigger twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Steinbach
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
I agree with Patrick's assessment of stacking doomed keywords (don't know that there's an official ruling, though).

However, surge IS additive. Here's what Nate French had to say on the matter (from http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1702-offic...):
Quote:
Question Submitted by "guciomir @ FFG"

Q: - In Hills Of Emyn Muil quest, treacheries can gain extra surge effect if there are no locations in play. What if I draw a treachery like impassable chasm which has its own surge effect? Does surge stack so I have to resolve 2x surge and draw 2 more cards from encounter deck? I suspect that this may be a case because as per FAQ, some effects like Caught in the web are stackable (and this situation looks similar to me). Can you please confirm?

A: - Yes, If a card has multiple instances of the surge keyword, each instance should be resolved.

I would posit that guarded would follow the same pattern, but I don't know of anything concrete to back that up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks John. Having everything additive makes things easier to rule on :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.