Fraser Stanton
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
LOD is the first version we have played, and the rules are a little vague. We have been playing it so that only the active players hero moves in the hero phase, but it feels wrong, as all the other heroes stand still while monsters whack at them. We have only won one game, and that was a skin of the teeth thing, all the rest have been whitewashes.

It seems to me that the heroes should move every turn in turn order (and get an attack, etc).

Here is how I think it should go, correct me if I am wrong.
-Hero phase, all the heroes move
-Exploration phase, multiple explorations could happen from multiple heroes
-Villain phase, all the monsters attack

Comments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, each phase is definitely done one player at a time. Remember though, that only the monsters you control get to move that turn (and you will only control monsters that your character found while searching).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser Stanton
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Ah, that makes the big change then. We have been playing that all monsters move every turn.

Effectively the same result, just makes for longer turns for each player.

Thanks for the clarification. I will have to read the rules again when I get back home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious now how the game *would* play more as the RPG with the players doing their thing and then the "DM" doing their turn. I think where this would fall apart is dealing with Villains since they actually *DO* activate on *every* player turn so they are MUCH nastier than the regular monsters. I suppose you could just have the villain take one turn per player when their turn comes around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Null Null
msg tools
It isn't the same.
If a player has a monster card for monster X all instances of monster X move on his turn. Since there can be more than one monster card form a given monster this gives potentially more than 1 activation per round per figure.

I.e. 1 goblin archer -> goblin archers activate 1 time.
2 goblin archers -> goblin archers activate 2x2 times.
3 goblin archers -> goblin archers activate 3x3 times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.