Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Thompson
United States
Wisconsin Rapids
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say when I use my tools to find items, I subtract the cost of the item from my item point total.

So if I have 5 tools, I have 24 item points. A bazooka costs 15 item points. So to pay for the bazooka do I...

1) subtract 15 from 24 = 9 remaining item points. And then..
change my tool counter to 3 (6 item points, assuming I round down)

Or

2) change my tool counter to zero, having spent 5 tools (24 points) and not 4 tools (only 12 points)

Any help on the specifics and if rounding down is correct for scenario 1.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmbmbmb
You gain the tally first.

So in your case - 24 item points. Move your marker to 24

THEN you choose what you are going to purchase.

Subtract the 15 from the 24.

So it is two different steps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Ramsey
United States
Grove City
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Hush
mbmbmbmbmb
Using your example:
Say you roll 5 tool symbols in your Final Tally. That gives you 24 item points. Add 24 to the number of item points displayed on your resource card. Then when you find the bazooka, subtract 15 item points from the counter on your resource card. The end result is that you gain a bazooka and 9 item points on your counter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Thompson
United States
Wisconsin Rapids
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I see. I was making the mistake of putting he number of tools I rolled in the resource counter instead of the points I get per tool rolled. Whoops. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hectorman wrote:
The rules say when I use my tools to find items, I subtract the cost of the item from my item point total.

So if I have 5 tools, I have 24 item points. A bazooka costs 15 item points. So to pay for the bazooka do I...

1) subtract 15 from 24 = 9 remaining item points. And then..
change my tool counter to 3 (6 item points, assuming I round down)

Or

2) change my tool counter to zero, having spent 5 tools (24 points) and not 4 tools (only 12 points)

Any help on the specifics and if rounding down is correct for scenario 1.

Thanks

I may misunderstand you. But it seems you are saying that on your wheel you show 5 items,but are counting that as 24 item points to spend. Right?
We play it that when we roll the dice and get our final tally, we then add to the wheel - not the number of tools we rolled, but the number of item POINTS the rolled tools equal. (If I have 3 tools in my final tally, that equal 9 tool points. I move the wheel up 9 - not 3.) That way your wheel always reflects the total number of item points you have. So in your case, if your wheel only shows "5" items that's the number of item POINTS, not the number of ITEMS you have. Thus, you could not buy the Bazooka.

Or perhaps i have been playing it wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.