Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my game today and it looks to be pretty awesome. One thing I noticed though after sorting the cards and putting the faction dividers between them was that there was a lot of room left over for future factions.

Well in the meantime, I wasn't digging the flopping around of the cards back and forth. Fortunately I had saved some of the foam separators from on of my Thunderstone games and tried one in the leftover space and it fit in the Tooth & Nail box like it was made for it. Perfect height and width, and thick enough to keep the cards from sloshing around. I have the large card and rules along the side of the cards in the box and the long faction cards laying across the top of everything. Perfect fit

Now I just have to play it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Watne
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Good times.
mbmbmbmbmb
Once you sleeve the cards, that extra room is gone. I will definitely need a bigger box if they ever release even a single new faction. It is even worse of you sleeve the Faction Command cards.

That said, it is a great little box. Like the slogan says: "Small Box. Big game."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really, the sleeves will take up that much extra room. Wow! I don't have any yet, but it's cool that they did give the extra room for them.

I like the small box as it is easy to carry around. Nice to have a small game box for once

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Only if you use premium sleeves can I see this getting too tight. Standard sleeves shouldn't take up even half the empty space.

Still debating whether to sleeve or not. This is a borderline one for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Only if you use premium sleeves can I see this getting too tight. Standard sleeves shouldn't take up even half the empty space.

Still debating whether to sleeve or not. This is a borderline one for me.

I used the premium FFG/FFS sleeves with custom card dividers in the same sleeves (over the top) and left in the dividers included with the game and there is still plenty of space to get a finger in to pull out a set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Watne
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Good times.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the "room for a finger" space. But adding another faction wouldn't fit. Even if you could cram it in the box, you'd never be able to safely get the cards back out.

I'm using the BCW sleeves that SmallBox sent out to "Defender" backers. These aren't quite as nice as FFG sleeves, but they're premium sleeves that work plenty well enough.

I currently have the Command Cards sleeved in the FFG Tarot sleeves. The width is perfect, but they're a little too short (2-3mm). Still, adequate protection for cards that won't see a lot of handling.

With the sleeves and the provided dividers, the rule book just fits in the side, but the Command Cards need to be stacked on top of the cards once you sleeve them. Still, it all fits, nice & snug.

[Edit: Typo]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j clowdus
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The bit of extra room in the box is indeed to satisfy sleevers. If you don't sleeve, there is a bit of extra room in the box.

If we end up doing anything more for this game, it will be a standalone game that can be incoporated with Tooth & Nail: Factions, so it would receive its own box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks John. I haven't sleeved yet, so I will keep my Thunderstone foam in there in the meantime. Really enjoy the game so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Theissen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleeves are a must. I can honestly say I have players that will ruin these cards in the first play. So far the only con to Tooth & Nails is the card quality. Otherwise I really dig the gamed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
justjohn wrote:
The bit of extra room in the box is indeed to satisfy sleevers. If you don't sleeve, there is a bit of extra room in the box.

If we end up doing anything more for this game, it will be a standalone game that can be incoporated with Tooth & Nail: Factions, so it would receive its own box.

What do you mean "if"? This game is great (I played it for the 1st time tonight) and want more factions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.