Jesse Steinfort
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was watching Tom Vasal's review earlier today and it occurred to me that I could buy these cards though I don't have any 1st ed. minis. I could either collect some minis via other means or use wooden pawns or something.

Sound like a good idea or should I simply wait for the inevitable expansions? Any suggestions for a newb as to where I should start looking for suitable minis?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a user here has created tokens to represent all the 1st edition minis, he is awaiting approval from bgg for the file last I heard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy singles...either the new patio pathfinder minis or the old d&d line....either would work fine and are already painted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We're talking about using the Reaper Miniature's Bones Kickstarter for exactly this. Ends August 25th!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/837746/reaper-bones-mini...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
All that is really important is that you know the size and shape of the base of the monster and match that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François + Daphné
Canada
Saint-Hyacinthe
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MCollier wrote:
a user here has created tokens to represent all the 1st edition minis, he is awaiting approval from bgg for the file last I heard

I am still waiting. Fantasy Flight Games gave me their okay, but it could be long for the BGG crew. According to the rules of the "upload files":
Since every file needs to be downloaded, tested, and evaluated, there can be a significant delay for approval of files. While the delay may be as short as a few days, it is more typically 2-3 weeks, and can stretch to 4 weeks during conventions or vacations.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horsie Palamino
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bump for this. It would be great if those Tokens are released. Any update from BGG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Palamino wrote:
Bump for this. It would be great if those Tokens are released. Any update from BGG?

they are in the file section

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/81281/monster-tokens-f... - Monsters

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/81280/hero-tokens-for-... - Heroes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.