Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark» Forums » Rules

Subject: Steelhorn "not" running rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If I choose Running as Action for Steelhorn, but use up all movement points for movement actions, not moving a single space, did I move in a straight line, granting the bonus attack against an adjacent monster?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You used all his movement points on one square? What'd you do? Just really curious

For reference sake, here's Steelhorn's exact text:



It does say "he must move", even if it is "he must move in a straight line." I kind of think that means he does have to actually move one space to get his free attack.

-shnar
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, closing a door, opening a chest, drinking a potion, giving away three items? ;)

Btw, I wonder, if returning from the city by a glyph counts as "moving in a straight line"...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:
Well, closing a door, opening a chest, drinking a potion, giving away three items? ;)

Btw, I wonder, if returning from the city by a glyph counts as "moving in a straight line"...


I agree with Shnar. If he didn't move, no bonus attack.

And yes, movement returning from a town is movement, and the line is straight, so it counts.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mårten Cederholm
Sweden
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
corbon wrote:
Hermjard wrote:
Well, closing a door, opening a chest, drinking a potion, giving away three items?

Btw, I wonder, if returning from the city by a glyph counts as "moving in a straight line"...


I agree with Shnar. If he didn't move, no bonus attack.

¨
I don't agree.
The MUST refers to HOW he moves, not that he MUST move.
So IF he moves, it has to be a straight line.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MuRRe wrote:
¨
I don't agree.
The MUST refers to HOW he moves, not that he MUST move.
So IF he moves, it has to be a straight line.


If he doesn't move, where is the straight line? He must move in one...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.