Subject: One Sunday at Gencon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
AaAaAaAaAaAaA! Oh no! You shanked my Jenga ship!
badge
"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Ren and I are thinking about possibly going to Gen Con this year. If we do, we'll probably just get a one day pass for Sunday.

I know our time limit and inability to sign up for anything scheduled is going to limit us. With that in mind, what would any of you that have gone to the Con before recommend we try to do with our single day at the con?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gallagher
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll probably want to roam the Exhibit Hall. Even then, you probably won't get the full experience, as a few exhibitors may have torn down their stands on Saturday night. Also, a number of the "hot" titles will be long gone by then.

Yeah, there will be some gaming happening - however, as it's Getaway Day, it'll be a small fraction of what you'll see on other days.

My advice? Plan for a full convention experience in 2013! If you're itching for something sooner, search for a regional convention taking place during the Labor Day weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Collins
United States
Seymour
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
@majmalfunction
mbmbmbmbmb
Hit the Exhibit hall and the board game library.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Moller
United States
Wyoming
DE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll still be in the exhibit hall, probably in vicinity of the Game Salute Sneak Peeks Booth (2035) we'll be demoing prototypes all weekend. Upcoming titles and games that haven't found publishers yet. I may be silly tired, but I'm in almost until the end of Sunday. Stop by and say hi.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Cunningham
United States
Lake Geneva
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yuglooc wrote:
You'll probably want to roam the Exhibit Hall. Even then, you probably won't get the full experience, as a few exhibitors may have torn down their stands on Saturday night.

You'll definitely want to hit the exhibit hall...but exhibitors are not allowed to tear down early. We'll be there until 4pm on Sunday, and looking forward to a nice relaxing dinner and a couple of drinks afterward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.