Subject: Storage options? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerald Dimailig
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ever since I opened my box with all the Abomination goods, it seems tough to put back in the box. Has anyone come up with a neat way to put everything back? I'm sure someone on here has. Please share.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, because the plastic trays that hold the zombie figs sort of fit "into" each other, everything from my Abomnation set fits into the box well. I. Did, however, toss the plastic tray that was holding the heroes and the one Abomination.
I put the tokens (bagged) into one of the bonus boxes that held a promo fig. The heroes/Abominations are in another of the promo boxes. And my 3 sets of dice are in the third.

The only thing that doesn't fit with the box top snug and flush is my extra set of tiles...
So, for now, because I don't have any scenarios that utilize them, they are separated on the shelf.
I could always just put them on top of the other components and the box top would close most of the way down...but wouldn't be flush.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storm Kerr
msg tools
I took scissors and cut the Heroes/Abomination tray shallower and I place the cards in the little baggies that my extra dice came in. All markers and dice in the big baggie, and cars and cards under the hero tray. Fits well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm too lazy to put the zombies back into the trays after every game, and since I'm not going to paint them, I just put them in bags, separated by type of zombie. I can fit everything in the box because I ditched the trays and other boxes that came in the game. There's room for the extra tiles too, but I left them out, since the box is pretty heavy with everything in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Smith
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also went the ziplock baggie route. Walkers, runners, fatties, survivors/abominations each have their own baggie. Cardboard counters in another. Cards have *gasp* rubber bands around them. Plenty of room for future expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sly
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found storage solutions that I'm happy with. I can fit everything easily into the box, including the duplicate tiles. I plan on painting things eventually, but I'm not overly concerned with chucking all the miniatures in a container where they might rattle around some.

So I have the sets of tiles on the bottom, pushed to one corner. I have the hero cards on top of the maps. And on top of that is a plastic container I got at Wal-Mart for all of the miniatures. It's not a Plano, but in the same vein, it's from a company called Flambeau and it's roughly the same size as a Plano 3650. It holds all of the miniatures very comfortably, and I was able to easily organize them into groups so I can grab a runner or a walker with ease.

Then, around the map tiles, there is an 1.5-1.75" space between the tiles and box. In this space I put all the dice(left them in the bags), the car counters, and the cards...I'm planning on making tuckboxes for Zombie Cards, Search Cards, and Special Cards(Wounded cards, starting items, Ma's Shotgun, etc.) And one more Plano box, model 3449, for all the gameplay counters. This has five long divisions and I organized it with, row 1: objective markers and Exit markers, row 2: door markers, row 3: zombie spawn points, row 4: skill counters, zombie kill trackers, and first player marker, and row 5: all the sound markers. Tipped up on its side, this fits perfectly in the space beside the map tiles and just barely stays within the box vertically.

So there you go, I'm a Plano junkie, so I was glad I found ones that could hold everything and still fit in the box. Very happy with how everything worked out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power, Green Lantern's light!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I kept the cardboard tray the tiles came in, they fit back in there and that goes to the bottom of the box. The hero cards and the rulebook sit on top of them.

Cards are sleeved and bagged. Tokens and dice are bagged as well.

Unlike most people it seems, I didnt keep the trays for the miniatures, I put all the walkers in one bag, the runners in another, the fatties and abominations in one together and then the heroes in their own bag too. I'm not really worried about keeping them "safe", I have LOTS of games with minis, all bagged and they've never been damaged. If I was artistic enough to paint them though then ya, I'd probably keep the trays. Besides, I think it would kind of be of a pain during cleanup to put them back in each time...

Anyway, the way I have it stored, everything fits perfect and there is still a ton of room in the box for the inevitable expansion(s).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh, use the game box to store the cards, mats, and tiles.
And build / buy something to store the figs?
Especially if painted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's why I bought two sets....I have an extra box for storage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ya'itz Yer'moov
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
All That We See Or Seem
badge
Is But A Dream Within A Dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
First off: Was this not THE MOST WELL PACKED GAME you have ever box-farted and un-boxed?

Kalidor wrote:
Actually, because the plastic trays that hold the zombie figs sort of fit "into" each other, everything from my Abomnation set fits into the box well. I. Did, however, toss the plastic tray that was holding the heroes and the one Abomination.
I put the tokens (bagged) into one of the bonus boxes that held a promo fig. The heroes/Abominations are in another of the promo boxes. And my 3 sets of dice are in the third.

Yep, that's what I did cool Great minds think alike Kalidor! Dice in one, Characters in another, and I used the other one as a sleeved card tuck box. The next promo boxes will hold the tokens, and the other figures (like The Dude and Walter for the Lebowski Variant). I'll be able to fit two more promo boxes in the row when the other package arrives.

Kalidor wrote:

The only thing that doesn't fit with the box top snug and flush is my extra set of tiles...
So, for now, because I don't have any scenarios that utilize them, they are separated on the shelf.
I could always just put them on top of the other components and the box top would close most of the way down...but wouldn't be flush.

I didn't opt for the extra tiles, and am glad I didn't, since most of the tiles are already replicated (but with color variances).
But if the game play warrants that I get expansions, I will gladly expand the height of the box bottom since the sides of the box bottom have the black and yellow warning stripes. I think the warning stripe will look great added to the design of the side/facade when viewed on a shelf.

If further pressed for room, I may just end up surprise tossing out the figure trays. A few good layers of clear coat will protect painted zombies from harming each other while stored in a baggie>box>shelf>room>house.
They are just zombies after all. But I could eventually see using a foam tray for the Characters, which will be much more lovingly painted.

Caudill wrote:
I didnt keep the trays for the miniatures,
*SNIP*
I think it would kind of be of a pain during cleanup to put them back in each time...

Pretty sure I will feel this way within a few plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ya'itz Yer'moov
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
All That We See Or Seem
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jbbnbsmith wrote:
Cards have *gasp* rubber bands around them.

wow
Ok, now that is just going too far, YOU SAVAGE!!! robot
I bet they aren't even sleeved! gulp
My God Man, ARE YOU INSANE?!!?!! zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Perrochon
msg tools
designer
publisher
Designer of "Startup Fever"
badge
Designer of "Startup Fever".
mbmbmbmbmb
I got extra boards, so no way I could fit things into the box with the trays. I expanded the box.

The side walls are made from the card board box that held the expansion games. The styrofoam is from the Kickstarter package that contained all the other boxes.

I put all the pieces into four tin cans, but had to reduce to 2 in order to fit all in. So the dice and the noise tokens are now in the same can, and the min-cards are no longer in a tin can. But I can fit in 4 copies of the rules, too, so there is always one available when someone wants to read the rules.

The cars fit in nicely, too.

Not perfect, but I prefer this to multiple boxes, particularly when the second box is not pretty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Yao
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I have a small container where I have all the dice, cards, and tokens in.

On the left are the Zombie spawn tokens and eight door tokens. All the cards in the middle. I separated the six start weapons, Evil Twins, Ma’s Shotgun, two Molotov, and the zombie cards #43-54; and placed them between the wounded cards in the middle of the deck. My 4 sets of dice on the right and the cars and counters on the far side.

Then I put the exit and objective tokens on the left side and pour the rest of the tokens on top of the dice. I forgot to put back the extra walker zombie cards into the deck in the previous picture, so that's why there is a new dark line in the deck in this picture.

I also have a Really Useful Box for the survivors and the abomination that came with the game. I will probably have to buy a bigger box in the spring thought.

Here are the boxes in the Zombicide box. I kept the extra abomination in its packaging to fill in space. The three trays of zombies fit nicely in the box. Since I have not have time to play a full game yet, I have not removed the cardboard off the one tray of zombies. I also bought the extra tile set, but plan to keep it out of the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ya'itz Yer'moov
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
All That We See Or Seem
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
get the storage case from the REAPER KICKSTARTER going on now
http://kck.st/SQRe2M
it's $25 and it holds 150 minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those cases are nice and a great price, but I can't tell when they will be shipped. Most of the items on the kickstart won't ship for 6+ months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ya'itz Yer'moov
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
All That We See Or Seem
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i believe the metal sophies and the paint ship in september 2012
everything else ships march 2013

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Im back and forth on those cases. But holding 150 minis for $25 is not bad at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Quicho
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After much contemplation and searching for the perfect plastic container, here's what I went with:

A Plano 3630 with sections for walkers, runners, fatties and abominations, and all the extra zombies from the abomination pack, survivors, 2 decks, tokens and dice. I'm sure there's enough room for the future survivors and there zombie counterparts as well. NOTE: The largest of the mini zip-lock bag is a stolen one from Carcassonne.

As for storing everything in the box, here's what I did:

I started off keeping the tiles in the cardboard tray they came with to prevent them from shifting around.

Everything else goes on top, along with the long box that came with the game, again just to minimize the contents from shifting. I also decided to keep the hanger tab(left of box) attached to the plastic container to keep it from moving.
After that, place the rules on top and you're good to go! Wal-mart tends to have a decent selection of tackle boxes but I'd recommend going straight to an outdoor/sports store where they may carry a larger variety. That's were I bought mine for $5.49.

I hope this helps and good luck to everyone deciding on a storage option!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Dimailig
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

I was at GenCon 2012 and couldn't resist the Battle Foam being sold for Zombicide. Unfortunately the cards did not fit back in the box since I sleeved them all, so I used the mini boxes for this and the dice. The rest of the stuff fit really well. The box sticks out just a little bit but I'm really happy with this purchase.

http://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic1401840_md.jpg

http://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic1401841_md.jpg

http://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic1401842_md.jpg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now granted, I have 2 boxes to work with.
But I kept all the zombies in the trays they game in.
They will somewhat slide into each and stack.
5 Stacks fit in the box.
Once painted, this should keep them protected.

For the Aboms and Characters, I keep them in the trays they came in and trimmed it down so it sat lower. These were taken out of the boxes they came in however.
Those trays have a top and a bottom. Trim the bottom so that it is just high enough to keep the fig from touching.

So the Zombies and Characters are in one box.

The other box holds the tiles, still in the holders they came in.
The cards and game tokens are in the promo character boxes, which fit in nicely.
Dice are in a dice bag I have laying around.

Good to go.
I know this may not help everyone.
But it was how I went about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.