Subject: Conversion kit using Runewars miniatures? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C M
Germany
flag msg tools
Move along, move along...
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not own Descent 1.0 but have a chance to get a cheap second-hand copy of Runewars. Since both Descent and Runewars play in the same thematic universe, I was wondering how many of the Conversion Kit heroes and monsters I would be able to get as figures with the Runewars game. Anyone with any experience on that? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Champagne
United States
Mobile
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding was that the conversion kit includes cards for Runewars miniatures in addition to DESCENT 1.0. So, my guess would technically be "zero", although your Rune wars money will not go to waste.

Edit: I misunderstood your question. I thought you were asking how many Descent 1.0 figures and monsters you could get with Rune wars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, let me clarify. I want to increase the number of monsters and heros to choose from, so I am thinking of picking up the Conversion Kit. Since I do not own Descent 1.0, I was wondering if picking up Runewars will provide me both with a new game to play and possibly a fari amount of the figures I need. So I guess the question is, in terms of figures, how much overlap is there between Descent 1.0 and Runewars?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwick VonVeederVeld
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
honestly you don't need to buy anything else if you are ok with using a different figure to represent what is on the card...any hero figure will work with all 56 heroes, and as far as monsters, you just need to make sure you are using a figure that takes up the right amount of space on the board....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the proper footprint on the map and the thematic integration were the reasons why I was looking to get the figures. Looking at my game collection, I guess I could substitute with plastic from WOTR or Memoir 44 (?!), but being a stickler for theme, that would feel very akward...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew McGrath
United States
OLYMPIA
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't do a count, but I saw some hero figures from runewars were in the conversion kit. However, I don't think any of the runewars "monsters" would work with descent.

I've only played runewars once and only remember the heroes I had, and I can't remember how many heroes are even in the game. It is a fun game in its own right though, not a bad addition to a collection

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwick VonVeederVeld
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
well absolutely, I was given descent 1.0 and it is far better for aesthetics to use the real figure to represent the card....runewars won't have the monsters afaik (funny, I was just looking at an opened copy of runewars and I can't seem to recall any monsters in that box)...so if you have the funds, I would encourage you to buy the original games to get the right figures...but you can very easily get away with using the figures that come in the descent 2.0 box until you have the original or a proper proxy...

edit-it was runebound I was looking at....yep, had that all wrong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, you should be able to use the Runewars hero mini's in D2E. No monsters, tho. We're discussing the Reaper Miniatures Bones Kickstarter as proxies for D2E heroes and monsters. At 110+ miniatures for $100, it's a very good deal. International shipping is $25 for the $100 level, still around $1 per miniature.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/837746/reaper-bones-mini...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Karasek
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All 12 hero minis in Runewars will correspond to cards in the conversion kit so that will work fine. There are a few monsters which cross over, such as Giants, Sorcerers, Razorwings and Dragons but they are a lot smaller than their Descent 1.0 counterparts, so will not be the correct size.

Razorwings and Sorcerers only take up one space in Descent 1.0 so you could use the minis form Runewars as proxies, they will just look tiny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
nickk88 wrote:
All 12 hero minis in Runewars will correspond to cards in the conversion kit so that will work fine. There are a few monsters which cross over, such as Giants, Sorcerers, Razorwings and Dragons but they are a lot smaller than their Descent 1.0 counterparts, so will not be the correct size.

Razorwings and Sorcerers only take up one space in Descent 1.0 so you could use the minis form Runewars as proxies, they will just look tiny.

This

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry. late to get back here, but your answers helped. Many thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.