Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricky Pereira
United Kingdom
Northolt
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking of getting this game, but I want to know if it plays well with 2 players, as I mostly game with my girlfriend.
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere - couldn't see it.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
donpeartree wrote:
I'm thinking of getting this game, but I want to know if it plays well with 2 players, as I mostly game with my girlfriend.
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere - couldn't see it.

Thanks.

It certainly better with 4 players. But, do well with 2 players, you'll need to put aside Chrysophrase character. With just 2 players the deduction process seems a bit off, there is only 1 opposite player with more characters to deduce.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As with many games, the 2-player game is more tactical while 4-player is more about navigating the chaos / winning the metagame of not being ganged up on. Part of the appeal of Ankh-Morpork is the chaos (the city and the game), but the 2-player game is still fun. Some like more tactical games anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis S.
Greece
Thessaloniki
Macedonia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a very good game for two players. We've tried several times the two players game and we found it fast and interesting. I enjoy playing cards which make my opponent lose money or one of her agents, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found it pretty loose with two. It's a lot of back and forth. I want to like it more, but I'm not sure there's enough going on at two players to make up for the loss of multiple opponents (deeper bluffing and negotiation, fewer zero-sum moves).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it with 2 players, more is ideal but 2 is fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Green
United States
Mclean
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not terrible with 2 but there are a ton of better choices if you're mostly playing with 2. I really like this with 3 or 4 though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sound609 wrote:
It's not terrible with 2 but there are a ton of better choices if you're mostly playing with 2. I really like this with 3 or 4 though.

I'll second this. Every time I've played with 2, I'd wished that there was at least 1 more person in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.