United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
- I wanted to verify that a player can only have one copy of the same Loot card in play at a given time. This is not mentioned in the rules, but it was mentioned in another post by the designer when talking about Lightning Daggers.

- Does this also mean that you can only have one copy of a given Skill card in play at one time?

- Can you attack a monster in the Start zone?

- If 2 of the same monsters are in play and they have special text, is it additive? i.e., if the text states that if a cultists is in play, the first hero to attack this round will take a wound. Would that hero take 2 wounds if 2 of these monsters were in play?

Great game!! Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
On the topic of Loot and errata: The way I (the designer) play the game is to declare players can only have one copy of each Loot at a time. But it struck me that the combo that worried me - someone with 4 Armors of Mist who is thus drawing 4 cards every time he takes a Wound - costs 12 Coin.
So it's the way I play the game, but officially the game is as written.

You can definitely have multiple copies of the same Skill. I've seen Bubble Mages maintaining 2 or 3 Holy Auras at once to protect their party. It never feels particularly broken. My favorite though was the berserker, who had multiple Frenzy cards out and was so beat up that he kept getting to use them - Two extra hits from two Wounds he always had in hand.
He said we sealed the last Shadowrift and then gave his character a proper burial.

Not only can you attack monsters on the Start space, you should. In fact, try not to let them get past there. I hear they do nasty things when they move to steps 1, 2, and 3.

Each monster's effect happens once, regardless of whether it's the same effect. So for your example, the hero would get double-wounded by the two swarms of Imps. More simply, if two Cultists show up in the Town area at the same time, the monsters get +2 power total.
This rule is why Hoard Squatter sets Coin's cost to 3 instead of making Coins cost 1 more. Because the idea of having Coins cost 4 is painful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses. The wife and I really enjoy playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.