Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leland Gross
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok first time this has come up but valid question. What are you guys feelings on letting the Kraken (or other sub ships-see my Bugman's Underbrewer in pics) discard a set ablaze card if they dive? Or as perhaps it is an internal fire? We decided I had to do two command checks over two turns. One to extinguish the fire and then one to submerge. Your opinions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I wouldn´t allow that in my plays.
Usually the ship set ablaze would need a repair command test to get rid of the card. You wouldn´t be allowed to do a second test to dive, and have to wait till the next round. Allowing two command tests would be an advantage I don´t see a reason for (in addition to the diving skill anyway).
Thematically I see these fires as internal fires. The Kraken is full metal on the outside, so I guess it´s something inside that´s burning. The machine room or the huge organ captain Nemo is playing on... wait... that´s a different story ;-)
So diving while burning seems okay for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leland Gross
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree it could be an internal fire...but when I submerged I immediatly thought "so I'm still on fire?" which set us to questioning the "set ablaze rules" for this particular ship.

I think we are going to make it that if you submerge you have a chance to extinguish a Set Ablaze card on a 4+ (house rule) Because even if the fire was interal and possibly caused by breaking pipes etc. there also is a chance it is in a compartment penetrated by a cannonball so it would be sealed and then flooded upon diving.(we consider ourselves veteran submarine gnomes due to the many games of Red November that we love.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.