Popular Tags: [View All]
J Sinnett
United States
Philomath
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I was at Target last week, I noticed on the shelf that they had a number of copies of 'Monopoly Millionaire Deal', which had a rather different look to what the one copy of Monopoly Deal that was on the shelf had.

Now, I've never played this game, and don't have a copy myself (keep meaning to grab one, but never quite do), but it struck me as somewhat odd that the art and title would have been changed so much if it's the same game. Then again, Stratego had space marines for a time.

Is this the same game, or is it something totally new that was just using the same spot on the hanging racks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poul Pruitt
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
It's a totally new game, the goal is to be the first person to get $1,000,000 rather than full sets. I haven't played Monopoly Deal before but this game seems like a good quick game, played a few games of this with a friend. There are some of the same action cards but I don't see anything regarding houses/hotels. From reading some user reviews, it sounds like Monopoly Deal is better but this game isn't bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Youngblood
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
My friends and i would play the first card game, monopoly deal, NON STOP; and we would always run into certain instances where we didn't know what to do, or it was a little iffy. With this new card game, monopoly millionaire deal, you are supposed to get $1,000,000 first, but my friends and i play it the old way. Actually, if you play the monopoly millionaire game the old way, it's exactly the same and you will not run into problems like you did in the first one. FUNNEST CARD GAME EVER

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deathbyblazer wrote:
My friends and i would play the first card game, monopoly deal, NON STOP; and we would always run into certain instances where we didn't know what to do, or it was a little iffy. With this new card game, monopoly millionaire deal, you are supposed to get $1,000,000 first, but my friends and i play it the old way. Actually, if you play the monopoly millionaire game the old way, it's exactly the same and you will not run into problems like you did in the first one. FUNNEST CARD GAME EVER

So, if you play this new game with the goal of getting 3 monopolies it's basically like playing the original version of it?

What are the differences at that point between the two games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Lanza
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Can some one please explain the rules to this game to me better. I bought it and found serious holes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.