B Carl
msg tools
As both take place in hot places, has anyone thought of adding Fire Giants (and possibly Drow elves) to this game and using the module from Hall of the Fire Giant King alongside the WoA boardgame? Is it possible to do so?

I just remember "Against the Giants" as being one of my favorite modules when I was younger and after purchasing this game over the weekend, that would make for a cool project. But before I think of doingso, if anyone else has attempted to do this please add to the discussion.

Giants would be a cool monster to add to this game.

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Carl, welcome to BGG and the D&D adventure game forums!

In fact, the entire Giant series could be run with the tiles we have so far since it all takes place in giant fortresses, dungeons, caves & caverns. The WoA tiles could be used for the obsidian rock abode of the fire giants and the LoD tiles used for the volcanic caverns underneath them.

For monsters, you can look at some ideas in the D&D Monster Manual - Wrath of Ashardalon Edition.

While we wait impatiently for Wizards to introduce more boxed sets, it would be cool to see some custom adventures based on Against the Giants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And if you want Fire Giant figs, then look no further than the $70K Stretch Goal for Reaper's Bones KickStarter!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniat...

Granted, you need to pledge $100 to get access to this, so you might just want to wait until the giants are available on their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Carl
msg tools
Thanks K.Y., I appreciate the welcome. I'm a newbie (having last played D&D role playing games years ago) but i'm really interested in getting started with the boardgames.

I would be very interested in collaborating on an adventure centered around Fire Giants and other appropriate monsters. I actually downloaded both older Giants modules off the internet as pdf files ("Steading of the Hill Giant Chief" and "Hall of the Fire Giant King") and am going to see what I can come up with. If anyone would like them too, I'd be happy to send them over.

It would be interesting to combine similar aspects of both modules so that they fit the WOA game and create new stories.

K.Y. How did you make that monster card? It looks awesome. nice job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slasher72 wrote:
Thanks K.Y., I appreciate the welcome. I'm a newbie (having last played D&D role playing games years ago) but i'm really interested in getting started with the boardgames.

I was in the same situation 3 yrs ago.

slasher72 wrote:
K.Y. How did you make that monster card? It looks awesome. nice job!

My method is extremely primitive. You need to checkout this thread:
GeckoTH's D&D Template Repository
Tom's templates are the gold standard using photoshop files.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Carl
msg tools
Thanks K.Y.. Unfortunately I don't have PhotoShop. Hmm, if I came up with a few ideas regarding adventure storylines etc. would you be open to collaborating on it by making some monster cards?

If it's a hassle I understand. It's all good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slasher72 wrote:
Thanks K.Y.. Unfortunately I don't have PhotoShop. Hmm, if I came up with a few ideas regarding adventure storylines etc. would you be open to collaborating on it by making some monster cards?

If it's a hassle I understand. It's all good.

It's a lovely hassle to have, shoot away.

I won't be surprised if some others come forward to help. We have a pretty creative bunch of folks in these forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Carl
msg tools
Excellent, this should be pretty cool. I'll read through those modules and get some initial ideas down. If anyone else would like to join and contribute, all the more better.

I can send out those modules also if anyone would like to have them. Is there a way I can post the files in lieu of having to email them? Just figure that might be easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slasher72 wrote:
I can send out those modules also if anyone would like to have them. Is there a way I can post the files in lieu of having to email them? Just figure that might be easier.

I have those modules somewhere. You can't upload the entire file to BGG but you can certainly post the necessary excerpts from the modules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Carl
msg tools
Ok. Cool. I'll do that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I can help. Just tell me what you want the cards to say...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.