Subject: Curse of War Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lord Caspian
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A question came up on the Curse of War card when playing this weekend. It's text reads:

You cannot rest or prepare.
Trophy: Attack -1
Village/Dungeon: Select 2 random
cards from your hand (excluding this
card). You may destroy 1 of them to
destroy this card.

The debate that came up between my brother and me was how to choose 2 cards at random. I said you set the Curse of War aside, turn over your other cards from your hand, mix them up, pick two, and destroy 1 of the two you picked after looking at them, along with destroying the Curse of War.

My brother said that was incorrect. He said you can look at your cards and pick any two you want. To me, that is not random. He was always pulling out two lame cards from his hand and then destroying one of them with the Curse of War.

Appreciate any feedback and thanks for an awesome expansion AEG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall
United States
Dalton
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Your brother is wrong. It states you select 2 random cards "from your hand". Your hand is all the cards you drew at the end of your last turn and that are left after any effects that made you discard/destroy any before using the curse's ability. So yes, you take the curse out, then shuffle all remaining cards and select any 2 of those without looking. Then you have the choice to destroy one of them and the curse, or just keep the curse (if you really don't want to destroy either of the revealed cards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Caspian
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
THANKS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
This scenario raises the issue that the player will need to remember which weapons are equipped to which heroes, as their physical order will have been disrupted (also, I tend to move my cards around in front of me to indicate which Dungeon abilities I have used; so I'd need to remember this as well).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Caspian
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good point! The only time we removed it was when we were in the Village.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Puente
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When you remove the curse through this or some other action does the -1 still stick around?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
vpreacher wrote:
When you remove the curse through this or some other action does the -1 still stick around?

You get to decide the order in which you resolve your Dungeon abilities and Trophy effects, so in almost all cases, you'd want to destroy the card without having yet used its Trophy effect, in which case the Attack -1 will not be applied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.