5 Posts

StarCraft: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about Queen: Infest Terran Command Center rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lorenz Merdian
msg tools
Hi everybody,

I have a question about the infestation mechanism of the Queen, might be an easy one:

The card's statement is: ".. at the end of the battle.. ". - Does that include retreats?

When it does: This means, that the Queen can only infest a command center when the battle if won for the attacker, right?
When it does not: So just attacking with an surviving queen should suffice to infest the command center? That seems to powerful for such an cheap technology card, doesn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Q1: I believe so. If the queen is killed during the battle, you cannot infest it. ".. at the end of the battle.. ". And no, if you retreat, you do not "end the battle", you "retreat". Or at least that's how I remember it. Could be wrong and I don't have the rule book handy.
Q2: Yes. If your Queen survives, and you won the battle, you can infest it.

The technology is cheap because it is pretty hard to actually accomplish. ^^; Only done it once in the 20 or 30 plays I've done, failed about 3 times if I remember correctly.
Edit: granted I am not a avid Zerg player and only played Zerg about 6 or 7 times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Folkert
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that wording is "if you have a Queen in the area at the end of battle", or something to that effect. A retreat would be resolved before the end of the battle, and your Queen would no longer be present in the area when you check for the card's ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitriy
Russia
Novosibirsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The card's statement is: ".. at the end of the battle.. ". - Does that include retreats?

Yes, battle consists of 9 steps, the last one is retreats step. "End of battle" abilities trigger right after the 9th step.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorenz Merdian
msg tools
Thank you very much, guys! This will help in future plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.