Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Hall
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When someone can move 2 zones in one move (Wanda), can they move through a zone with zombies for only 1 action? Wanda starts in a zone with no zombies moves through a zone with 4 zombies to another empty zone for 1 action...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think she can only do that once she acquires the Slippery skill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lunar Sol
msg tools
mb
Moving out of a zone with zombies costs an action for each zombie in the zone. This is simply a cost, not a modifier to the normal movement cost, so double move doesn't get to ignore it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loophole Master wrote:
I think she can only do that once she acquires the Slippery skill.

Correct. Wanda just gets to move two spaces whenever she takes a move action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hall
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my gameā€¦ when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
The way it's worded made me wonder if she had to spend a single action to get to move 2 zones:
Quote:
2 Zones per Move Action: When the Survivor spends one Action to Move, he can move one or two Zones instead of one.

In other words, if there was a zombie in her zone, she'd be spending 2 actions to move, and could only move 1 zone.

However, I think that's taking the wording too literally. It makes more sense to say she can always move up to 2 zones, but has to add actions for any zombies in the zones she leaves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher Diament
United States
California
flag msg tools
soosy wrote:
The way it's worded made me wonder if she had to spend a single action to get to move 2 zones:
Quote:
2 Zones per Move Action: When the Survivor spends one Action to Move, he can move one or two Zones instead of one.

In other words, if there was a zombie in her zone, she'd be spending 2 actions to move, and could only move 1 zone.

However, I think that's taking the wording too literally. It makes more sense to say she can always move up to 2 zones, but has to add actions for any zombies in the zones she leaves.

I agree. Let's compare moving a normal survivor from one empty zone into a zone with one zombie, and then into an empty zone. A normal survivor would move into the occupied zone and spend 1, then they would spend 2 to move out of that zone, since a zombie is there. But if Wanda did it, she would spend one to move to the zone 2 spaces away, but to get out of the middle space she would have to spend an extra action because of the zombie. Therefore it would take her 2 actions to get to the 2nd space, whereas anyone else would take 3.

If you wanted to make it harder you can make it so that she can only do the 2 zones per action through clear zones, although when ambiguous, I tend to take the side that favors the survivors in this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.