Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Swift
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know of a board game that plays like the computer game Elite. Where you get a spaceship that can be pigheaded over time earning money doing missions etc.... If not can one of you clever guys quickly design one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hall
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Closest thing you'll find is The Phantom League, which came out a couple of years ago and was specifically designed as a board game version of Elite. I've not played it myself but would quite like to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played that game for many, many hours on my trusty Commodore 64...that game almost got me divorced! I was playing it when my wife was pregnant with our firstborn...the baby kicked for the first time and she yelled for me to come quick so I could feel it...I was in the middle of fighting off some space pirates and yelled back, "Wait a minute!"...not good...and not very smart either...

I don't know of a game exactly like that but you might look at either Merchant of Venus (FFG recently reprinted this) or Perry Rhodan: The Cosmic League; those kind of capture the space trading aspect of Elite...you might also want to check out Galaxy Trucker...

EDIT:
DreadFuzzy wrote:
Closest thing you'll find is The Phantom League, which came out a couple of years ago and was specifically designed as a board game version of Elite. I've not played it myself but would quite like to.

Had not heard of this one...will have to check it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the designer of Phantom League designed it as Elite: The board game. So that's your answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Christopher
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
In the wonderful game, Bonaparte at Marengo, this is how to get nasty Frenchies out of a village.
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a board game version of the computer game Escape Velocity Nova. I've never played the board game, so I can't vouch for the gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Swift
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Impressed with the warp drive responses.. Thanks. Now question 2. Any Elite like games that play well solo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
otha62 wrote:
Merchant of Venus (FFG recently reprinted this)
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...

Not yet available.

Also $ 80! MSRP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willows
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
otha62 wrote:
I played that game for many, many hours on my trusty Commodore 64...that game almost got me divorced!

So then, you actually weren't Mostly Harmless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.