Subject: What do you do when... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thom V
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi. Loving this game but I've run into a few issues that I wonder about...

(1) After 10 kingdoms, I now have 0 extra paths. Does that mean I'm done? I was thinking that I can't explore any more but that I can add a path and a new kingdom when a quest says to access a new destination. I just add it on to any existing kingdom at least 3 'steps' away from the source of the quest.

(2) Swarming creatures. I get the idea behind adding an additional +1 to the horde size at the end of a battle. What I don't get is the "at the end of a Battle Sequence, deduct an additional 1 from the Horde size of the Battle" rule. Seems counter to the whole idea of a 'swarm'. I mean, when the horde size on the creature list is 3, I should only fight 2? And when the horde size on the list is 9, I will really only fight 5?

(3) How do people handle the new creature level thing? I've had it happen where I almost fill the creature sheet before I've been able to level up...bad luck with the +1/+2 events. That seems to make everything way too easy later on. Here's what I was thinking, but I haven't tried it yet: Whenever you level up, any creatures with a Horde Size less than your old level will also level up. So, if I'm level 2 and study to advance to level 3, any creatures currently on the sheet with a horde size of 1 will level, but any with a horde size of 2 and up will not. I'm not sure how this will play out later in the game. I'm going to try it the next game I play.

Just wondering what other people do in these situations. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galahad von Lichtenstein
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmb
If you don't mind, I add here one other point:

(4) Keep building: If the value of new level is dependent on the number of castles in the world and I decide about building any castles in the world, then... I can have impressiveness of infinite in the second turn of the game. How to fix this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Herodier
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for bumping this 3 year old thread, but I have some of the same unresolved questions.

I got very lucky drawing an early creature with a x4 loot modifier so I had 60+ gold with only 1 castle on the map. Even if I include my keep level in the cost, that still means a level 10 keep in the first few turns (or level 60+ if going strictly by the rulebook). This doesn't seem right... Have I missed something?

Tbh, loot multipliers in general seem a bit swingy. I've only played a couple of times so far but I felt like I was flooded with gold right from the start. Maybe I'm doing this wrong?

I haven't had the creature level issue the OP mentions but I can see it happening.. Maybe if you encounter an existing creature with level x horde size < your level (or < your level -1), you retire it and generate a new one for that slot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.