Popular Tags: [View All]
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not strategy, but more of a gaming technique

If you are going to replace X-chits by sacrificing a LW-counter:

Choose
Yellow, if you have many armour units. It works well both in blitz and normal combat.

Blue, if you have many special units (tanks + inf).

Green, if you have few special/armour OR no blitz OR want to give punch to the normal attack, for example when taking a major city.

Never replace X-chits before a Winter turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCalpin
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for pointing this out. I had never used a Luftwaffe marker in that way, but it would not have occurred to me that the player gets to choose which "black x" chits to recover: I would have assumed it was a blind draw. I can see that the sacrifice of a Luftwaffe marker might make more sense with this understanding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And it never occurred to me that it could be a blind draw! I must check the rules again, maybe I have played this incorrectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to choose Green chits to increase the chance of Soviet counterattacks failing. Yellow chits could really backfire on you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.