Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't find a generic 18xx place to post this, so I figured I'd post it in the granddaddy of all 18xx. If there's a better place to post it, let me know and I'll try to figure out how to move it.

Two questions:

1. Is there a phone/computer app where you can quickly calculate end game stats once add'l share buying/selling, track/token changing is finished? Basically I'd see it as entering number (& name) of companies, current stock value of companies, current revenue per company, number (& name) of players, current worth of each player, number of shares owned of each company for each player, and total money remaining in the bank. Then the calculator could provide end game net worth of each player. To be generic, there'd need to be settings for: (1) multiple share value increases per OR, (2) whether game ends when share value reaches some max value, (3) whether share value increases during SR if all shares owned by player, probably other stuff as well. Does something like this exist and if so, where?

2. I think I saw a document (or a weblink?) at one point that summarized all the differences between all the 18xxs (e.g., partial capitalization/full capitalization, shares in bank pool pay revenue, etc.) Does such a document exist or did I imagine it? If it exists, anyone know where?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.fwtwr.com/18xx/rules_difference_list/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
The generic place to post is the 18xx family forum, by the way.

There are a fair number of 18xx spreadsheets there, though you need to enter revenue for each company for each round, because they always change a bit, at least for some companies.

It's also often possible to spend money, even at the end, if you want to stretch the bank breaking just a hair longer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, look in the 1830 file section... there are several spreadsheets. I expect you can find spread sheets for most of the 18xx titles.

You can also play the game with Rails in "no map" mode. It will do all the math, keep track of stocks, company money etc. Although, not EVERY 18xx game is supported.

BOb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Wilson
England
DARLINGTON
Co Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterfly0038 wrote:
I couldn't find a generic 18xx place to post this, so I figured I'd post it in the granddaddy of all 18xx.

Point of order: 1830 is NOT the granddaddy of all 18xx. 1829 (Southern Board if you must) is. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CharlieWilson wrote:
Butterfly0038 wrote:
I couldn't find a generic 18xx place to post this, so I figured I'd post it in the granddaddy of all 18xx.

Point of order: 1830 is NOT the granddaddy of all 18xx. 1829 (Southern Board if you must) is. shake

Point taken, but then I'd say 1829 is the great grandfather or something. 1830 has spawned so many 18xx games and is still considered one of the best of the 18xx and thus, has the most active and prolific forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
CharlieWilson wrote:
Butterfly0038 wrote:

Yes, perhaps, by date. But when it comes to forum posts, it's not. 1829 has 1 thread with 12 posts. 1830 has 4490 posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes, some children squall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Wilson
England
DARLINGTON
Co Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
out4blood wrote:
CharlieWilson wrote:
Butterfly0038 wrote:

Yes, perhaps, by date. But when it comes to forum posts, it's not. 1829 has 1 thread with 12 posts. 1830 has 4490 posts.

To put it simply, without 1829 there would have been no 1830.

Furthermore, in terms of development, 1853 predates 1830 as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can find spreadsheets in a number of places:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/18xx/files/

https://drive.google.com/#folders/0B6Dz8TiDzvbXOTQ0NzRlZTEtO...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.