Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
For example, say I have the Castle Ravenloft board game available for trade (which I do). Is there a way for me to click on something somewhere that will search everyone's "want" list matching that game and then compile what they have up for offer as a potential trade?

The current mechanism doesn't seem to support this. Instead it compares what I've tagged as a "want" up against what I am offering up as a "trade". This is great but it requires that I am explicit about what I want up front. My goal is to be able to window shop a bit more and simply see what my options may be.

Follow?

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samu Lattu
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I follow ya, and this very feature you're looking for gets asked about every now and then. But nope, there ain't a way to window shop like that. Your only option is to look at everyone who has the game on their want list and see what they - individually - have for trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Is there a way to see what others are willing to trade for a particular game?

even if the system as Samu indicated let you browse as you ask... do note that has no relationship to what they are will to trade for that particular game... that is only something the other person knows The system only as you said has folks having two lists... games wanted in trade and games up for trade, no way to specify (outside of a math trade) what one is actually will to trade for a specific game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply! I had a feeling this was the case but had hoped there was a link somewhere I just wasn't seeing.

It's a shame really as I think this feature would be quite popular. In addition, from a database query perspective it would be quite easy to achieve as it could simply do a group by and return a list of unique games matching the item up for offer. Clicking on that game could then show the pople offering it.

Do you know if there is a place to suggest a feature or make a wish for a feature? If so, I'd love to throw this out to BGG for consideration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
do note that has no relationship to what they are will to trade for that particular game... that is only something the other person knows

Quite true, but that's ultimately the case with any trade.

I personally try to match up what the current selling price is for the game I have vs. the game they have. If it's close or in the favor of the other party, I make the offer. I'd probably treat the "window shopping" feature the same way.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
btw, just in case you didn't know about them, there is also always...

Math Trades

easier for some of us than trying to negotiate a direct trade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Bowers
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Under Bazaar tab at top go to trades. Once there, go to custom search. Under "Your Trades" click the game(s) that you want to trade and click search. This will search for games that you want that people are willing to trade for the game(s) chosen. So as long as it is in trade list you can do this and it will only show games that you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Castle Ravenloft currently has 289 people wanting it. I think you can see that an open-ended list of what they have to offer would be IMMENSE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.