Zaxarias Faraggitakis
Greece
flag msg tools
mb

I already have a stander Reviewer when I want to check for a specific game I want.

The one I am talking about is "The Dice Tower" show. Really good and informative I must say, but sometimes the reviews feels very "quick" , if you know what I mean.

So, do you know another good one for me to watch?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witek Wasilewski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
“It is a civilizational wake-up call. A powerful message—spoken in the language of fires, floods, droughts, and extinctions—telling us that we need an entirely new economic model and a new way of sharing this planet.” ― Naomi Klein
badge
“Climate change has never received the crisis treatment from our leaders, despite the fact that it carries the risk of destroying lives on a vastly greater scale than collapsed banks or collapsed buildings.” ― Naomi Klein
mbmbmbmbmb
I like written reviews by our fellow geek Ender - here is the list:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/browse/boardgame/0?usern...

With reviews (both written and video) it is most important to either find reviewer who has similar taste to yours, or to learn the difference in your tastes so that you know whether the fact that he likes the game will make you like it also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on what you want in a review. I like to watch the walk-through videos to really feel how it plays, and exactly how to play. Other times, I choose Dice Tower for a review, not necessarily how to play, but a review of it and how it compares to others in the field.
For humor, I go for the Little Quick Flash reviews: UFBRT, from UvulaBob.

Big list of all the video reviews: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/23763/the-definitive-l...

migh tnot be up-to-date since Greg did this back when it was easier to keep track of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blank Francis
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The best and most entertaining reviews, in my opinion, are by Shut Up and Sit Down and Cardboard Children. Both sites have great writers/presenters who really get across what it's like to play the games they're reviewing, and why they're fun (or not fun) rather than giving dry components or rules breakdowns.

I like them both a lot better than the Dice Tower, personally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Lindsey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blankfrancis wrote:
The best and most entertaining reviews, in my opinion, are by Shut Up and Sit Down and Cardboard Children. Both sites have great writers/presenters who really get across what it's like to play the games they're reviewing, and why they're fun (or not fun) rather than giving dry components or rules breakdowns.

I like them both a lot better than the Dice Tower, personally.

+1 for Shut Up and Sit Down - incredibly entertaining reviews that really convey what it feels like to play the game rather than an in-depth rules breakdown. I would advise getting people to watch this series even if they don't like board games - Paul and Quinn are THAT fun to watch.

If you like a focus on the actual rules, I prefer The Dice Tower.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Scott
United States
California
flag msg tools
I like the WatchitPlayed, BlackBeltGamer and Callasmar youtube channels. I feel that the best way to see if you'll like a game is to actually watch a game being played, which is what these channels are about.Sure, reviews are nice but it comes down someone's opinion which you may not share

WatchitPlayed, hosted by Rodney Smith, is a somewhat new channel but it's a great one IMO. He starts out with the rules on how to play a game, which is usually close to 30 minutes, then he follows that up with several videos of him and his kids playing the game. Usually, they'll leave off on a video where they give their viewers a chance to suggest the next move in the game

BlackBeltGamer and Callasmar, who has very long videos which is not a problem IMO, does the same thing but they leave out the instruction video and they usually play games solo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.