B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll update this with missing card images when they become available.

{Grimoire}

{Data Dealer}

{Corporate Troubleshooter}

There's a few we haven't seen, but I would not be inclined to x3 any of these into any deck design.

Runners get their Identity card, Console (unique) and a Resource. Data Dealer won't be unique but the other two are.

Corps get their Identity card and one or two fairly high trash cost Assets which may not even need to be protected.

I think FFG got this one right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I need to get this game after all.

Crap
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse W.
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Game-playing Meowstic
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:

Crap

What? You didn't think so before?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Nowak
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know where that Security Subcontract rendering came from, but it's text is wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What it looks like to me is that people need to stop crying about things that they have never seen nor tried personally.

I doubt we're going to get very many retractions of statements though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mateui wrote:
I don't know where that Security Subcontract rendering came from, but it's text is wrong. Should say "[Click], trash a rezzed piece of ice: Gain 4 credits."

Are you allowed to be telling us this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Came from me when I had to reconstruct it from parts in the rulebook. It's why I put 'not an official rendering' on it and we don't know card # or faction points for it.

The wording from Mateui is correct and the rez cost might be '4' and not '1' (was very hard to tell in the rulebook pull), but I won't be replacing it until I get a proper scan, sometime next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Nowak
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the card is in the rulebook actually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's on page 13 of the rulebook, I missed the 'rezzed' word is all.

Thank you for noticing it in the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
BDSb wrote:
haslo wrote:

Crap

What? You didn't think so before?

I tried to convince myself that I didn't...

(Worked for LotR, for what it's worth But it won't work here I'm sure, so I might as well give up.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy b
msg tools
of the spoiled singletons, sansan city grid is the only one i could see needing 3of, and probably only for a single deck design -- not every build that uses the card.

feeling pretty safe (for now) about only buying 2 core sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How would you use 3 SanSans?

Is it to increase the frequency at which you get them? 1 out of every ~15 cards instead of 1 out of ~23 cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Morton
msg tools
kingjames01 wrote:

Is it to increase the frequency at which you get them? 1 out of every ~15 cards instead of 1 out of ~23 cards?

That's the primary reason you play 3x of anything, isn't it?

I think Akitaro Watanabe is a better candidate for 3x than SanSan; he's cheaper to trash, and he's more of an early-game card (which I think contributes to wanting more copies of him so you're more likely to have at lest one early.) Not that I would always run three of him, but he's the one in the card list that seems likeliest to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrondeath wrote:
kingjames01 wrote:

That's the primary reason you play 3x of anything, isn't it?

I think Akitaro Watanabe is a better candidate for 3x than SanSan; he's cheaper to trash, and he's more of an early-game card (which I think contributes to wanting more copies of him so you're more likely to have at lest one early.) Not that I would always run three of him, but he's the one in the card list that seems likeliest to me.

Yeah, primarily. I was just wondering in case you had some insight into the card that I could learn from.

I think it's too expensive to have more than 2 in play at any time, and more realistically, probably just one. Due to that, I would probably cap SanSan at 2 in my deck rather than 3. If I have 2, then I have a good chance of hitting 1 by mid-game. If I have 3 in the deck and I got 2 by mid-game, that's an extra card to trash or just carry around until I can rez it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I concede that there are some fringe decks that could use SanSan grid x3, but you'd have to have a lot of cash in that deck as well since the rez & advancement costs all take credits to fuel.

and if I wanted to run such a deck in a tournament, I'd probably slip a friend a free soda to borrow one from him for a few minutes the tourney.

__
Edit: removed 'a few minutes' because it caused confusion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
I concede that there are some fringe decks that could use SanSan grid x3, but you'd have to have a lot of cash in that deck as well since the rez & advancement costs all take credits to fuel.

and if I wanted to run such a deck in a tournament, I'd probably slip a friend a free soda to borrow one from him for a few minutes.

Depending on the tournament, this might not be allowed by the official tourney rules. Well, I guess it technically could be, but you'd have to really hope that the schedule does not have you both playing at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
delios shadowsoul
msg tools
mbmb
kingjames01 wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

and if I wanted to run such a deck in a tournament, I'd probably slip a friend a free soda to borrow one from him for a few minutes.

Depending on the tournament, this might not be allowed by the official tourney rules. Well, I guess it technically could be, but you'd have to really hope that the schedule does not have you both playing at the same time.

Thats only a problem if his friend is using the same card in HIS deck. Odds are at a tourney, you'll be able to slip at least one person a soda to snag a copy for a bit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kingjames01 wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

I am definitely allowed to borrow a friends card to construct my deck, I'm just not allowed to change deck constitution during the event.

When I get home, he gets his card back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Wraith
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan (MI)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
I am definitely allowed to borrow a friends card to construct my deck, I'm just not allowed to change deck constitution during the event.

When I get home, he gets his card back.

Yep. Used to do it all the time for Magic PTQs. Everyone loaned each other all kinds of stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deliosshadowsoul wrote:
kingjames01 wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

Thats only a problem if his friend is using the same card in HIS deck. Odds are at a tourney, you'll be able to slip at least one person a soda to snag a copy for a bit

Yeah, I agree. Under these conditions it would be allowed.

I considered this when I posted but he stated that he would only borrow it for a few minutes. In my mind, that meant that he'd be returning it for some reason in between matches. As a conclusion, that led me to believe that they were both using the card in their decks.

If the friend is not using the card, then yeah, it's perfectly acceptable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myck Kabongo
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Did I miss something stating that ICE Carver is unique? If it isn't, then it is absolutely a 3x card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
MyckKabongo wrote:
Did I miss something stating that ICE Carver is unique? If it isn't, then it is absolutely a 3x card.

It is the little dot in front of it's name which makes it unique. (Which Ice Carver has)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MyckKabongo wrote:

Say 'no' to clown decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.