Hide
4 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Using tiles form ashardalon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rob Wieringa
msg tools

So ive started with Drizzt played all the scenarios with friends, now i got ashardalon to use as an ad don to drizzt and visa versa. Does anyone use rules or a setup for mixing the cavern tiles and the dungeon tiles ?

Greetz Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just mix them.
Adds tremendously to variety.

Add overlays and your dungeons become a real surprise each time you enter them.
Guaranteed!

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orlando Neto
Brazil
Rio das Ostras
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to use the "door tiles" to make more dramatic situations. You can mix them and make a transition between "mountain" to "caverns"
Also you can mix encounter and treasures if you like. More danger is good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros
Greece
Thessaloniki (mostly), Trikala (sometimes), Meteora (at least once per Trikala trip), Athens (whenever possible), -how many more characters does it accept? Impressive! so I'm moving on with my list- Koromilia, Kavourotripes, Samothraki, Jogja, Bruxelles..
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can make two piles (one with caverns one with dungeins) and use any condition you like to switch from one to the other.

Some examples:

After you draw a specific tile (e.g. broken door tile), switch to the other pile. Allows for a controlled half and half world.

Whenever you draw a curse/trap encounter card, switch piles. Logically random worlds, with clusters of each type. A few dungeons, then a few caverns, then some dungeons again.

After you draw any named tile (a tile with letters on it) or a tile type (volcanic vent tile) or a white/black triangle, switch piles. A highly random map.

Mix the monsters. When you are about to explore, draw the monster card first and then draw a tile from the game it belongs to. A super random map.

e.t.c.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.