Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent M
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked this game up on Monday and was able to play it for the first time last evening with my wife. We both enjoyed the game immensely (my wife won 25-21). The theme is fun, the animeeples are super-cute, and we'll definitely be adding it to our regular game rotation (which is quite small at the moment, comprised of Dominion and the Hinterlands expansion). I have Agricola but haven't gotten around to playing it yet, but will be doing so soon (I hope).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Taylor
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Scaboo wrote:
I picked this game up on Monday and was able to play it for the first time last evening with my wife. We both enjoyed the game immensely (my wife won 25-21). The theme is fun, the animeeples are super-cute, and we'll definitely be adding it to our regular game rotation (which is quite small at the moment, comprised of Dominion and the Hinterlands expansion). I have Agricola but haven't gotten around to playing it yet, but will be doing so soon (I hope).

My wife and I love it so far. thumbsup The short playtime, Uwe tightness and the great components made this an instant hit for us. We love animeeples!

It's also a great travel game. We even packed our San Juan cards into the ACB&S box when we went on vacation a few weeks back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sea
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can imagine this game being a classic like Agricola in a few years to come, it's just that good

I'm more interested in your impression of Agricola after playing it though. ACBAS really raised my interest on normal Agricola but I was still afraid that it might still be too much for me, in both depth AND price tag since I'll most probably play only 2p. Would like to hear more from you after you played that game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent M
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Genesyx. Will do, hopefully I'll get around to it fairly soon.

Greg: Regarding speed: It sure is a quick play, almost too quick! When my wife and I finished the game we were disappointed that it was over. Having said that, the convenience of being able to play it almost any time is great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Taylor
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
genesyx wrote:
I can imagine this game being a classic like Agricola in a few years to come, it's just that good

I'm more interested in your impression of Agricola after playing it though. ACBAS really raised my interest on normal Agricola but I was still afraid that it might still be too much for me, in both depth AND price tag since I'll most probably play only 2p. Would like to hear more from you after you played that game

One nice bonus for getting ACB&S and also Agricola is that you can use your ACB&S animeeples in regular Agricola as well! It can double as roughly half of a component upgrade set (like the Goodies expansion).

EDIT - Also, in response to the 'it's too fast' comment -- We've been tinkering around with using 9 borders for the game clock (our game came with an extra one, for some reason). We might back off from it if we find it messes up the balance, but so far it gives us just one more turn to complete our little farm empires. So enjoying that for now~~~
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent M
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I played Agricola with the family rules yesterday and enjoyed it immensely. We both love all of the options available each turn and will probably play another game with the family rules before we start using the Minor Improvement and Occupation cards. The game has a lot of variety and is lots of fun. Playing ACBaS first was a very helpful introduction. We'll be playing both a lot I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.