Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a maximum hand size for each player or is it effectively 'unlimited'?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules in front of me, but I'm pretty sure it is unlimited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to see this get some play? You playing a face to face game? I dont remember about the hand size but good to see you playing this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds right on the no hand limit thing. Doesnt seem to be a problem in the game cause you are constantly pushing to get stuff on the board. And with the transfer ability it makes it easier to move units around if you need them elsewhere

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The main things I keep in my hand: commanders so my force doesn't disintegrate the next I lose a leader; Enigma cards whose time hasn't come yet; infantry units to surprise my opponent with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Good to see this get some play? You playing a face to face game? I dont remember about the hand size but good to see you playing this game!"

Yeah, I'm going to be playing f-t-f for the first time this Friday, Charles. Have had the game for about two years and knew when I got it I'd have a struggle getting it to the table (seems to be a bit too 'heavy' for my euro-ish friends and a bit too 'light' for my wargamer friends. However, I managed to talk one into it so we'll see how it goes.

I may be looking for some vassal games in future (depends on how my schedule goes...). Would you be interested?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BvG has some really interesting mechanics. There are some great resources on GMT's website for the game. I only played it once and then the guy I was playing sort of dropped out. We had a very hard time with the vassal module, and then we both got sort of busy. Its so hard anymore to spend a week learning the rules to a game, then you cant find anyone to play or if you do play they just dont get it cause you are sort of new at the game yourself. I have found very few people who have the patience to sit there during rule lookups (locally that is, vassal players tend to look them up with me)
I tend to stick more with systems that I know like commands and colors, Lock n Load, Combat Commander. Struggling with rules really takes the fun out sometimes.
When you play BvG make sure to have a big table! It gets bigger as you go haha
Hit me up on the vassal group on facebook. Im hot or miss on the games but you and I have been talking for years on playing
https://www.facebook.com/groups/vassalwargamers/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't do social media; have never been on it and don't anticipate I ever will I'm pretty fired up about BvG right now so I'll be in it to the finish (and I'm an old hand so no sweat on the rules look-ups; one of my main things is playing the game correctly).

I've been using the online rules in my prep for Friday's game. Seems to be an excellent set which leaves very little unclear and what little is, I'm getting taken care of here.

I'll shoot you a geek mail on the weekend and see how you feel. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.