Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Clash of Cultures» Forums » General

Subject: How do the boats work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How do the boats work in this game? Can they only move on water? Can they move around the edge of the map? Teleport to any water space? Or are they limited to the lake where they are built?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"teleport"??? (smile)
youperguy wrote:
How do the boats work in this game? Can they only move on water? Can they move around the edge of the map? Teleport to any water space? Or are they limited to the lake where they are built?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
"teleport"??? (smile)
youperguy wrote:
How do the boats work in this game? Can they only move on water? Can they move around the edge of the map? Teleport to any water space? Or are they limited to the lake where they are built?


Yes, that is kind of silly, but they really rock when you add faster than light drives.

On a more serious note you should get some clues from the tech boards.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
To begin with, ships can move between any connected sea-spaces (as opposed to land units that move one space per move action). Once you have the 'Navigation' advance your ships can exit the board from a sea-space on the edge of the map, and move around the map to the nearest group of sea-spaces. Ships in other words give you an enourmous flexibility for movement but requires you to spend time and resources on maritime advances... choice, choices

If you control the seas you have quite some power.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
marqzen wrote:
If you control the seas you have quite some power.

Are there ... dare I say ... pirates?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
marqzen wrote:
If you control the seas you have quite some power.

Are there ... dare I say ... pirates?


hehe.. good question. No, I had to draw the line somewhere in terms of complexity and rule density. But it could be done.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Salisch
Germany
Pirmasens
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
Check out my youtube channel: Patrick Salisch
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
marqzen wrote:
hehe.. good question. No, I had to draw the line somewhere in terms of complexity and rule density. But it could be done.


Maybe in the first expansion
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.