Subject: Winning condition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for asking, I'm lazy and tired atm.

Watched the foreign speech video.

But what's the winning condition and how do you tell who won?

Large stacks can't move any more? No pieces can move any more?

The highest stack owned by one player (top tile?) The total number of pieces in the stacks still one the board which can't move longer? Anything else? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
You type a lot for a lazy #%@$.

From the rules posting right here on BGG: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/16232/dvonn-rules-doc

Quote:
G. The end
1. The players must play for as long as they can do so. If one player can't make a move any more, the other must continue to play until he, too, has made his very last possible move. In the rare event that a player who must pass gets the opportunity to make a move again, he must do so. This can happen when one or more of his pieces are blocked (i.e. completely surrounded).
2. The game ends when the last move is made. When this stage is reached, each player puts all of the stacks he controls on top of each other. The player with the highest stack wins the game, regardless of the color of the pieces in his stack.
3. If both players end up with an equal stack, then the game ends in a tie.
Note: if the stacks are equally high or if the difference is only one piece, then do count the pieces to be sure. As a result of the manufacturing process of the pieces, their thickness may differ slightly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aliquis wrote:
But what's the winning condition and how do you tell who won?

Large stacks can't move any more? No pieces can move any more?

The game ends when neither player can move anymore. It is possible for one player to be immobile while the other player can still make several moves.

The best way to determine winner is each player takes their stacks still on the board and stack them into a single stack. Player with the tallest stack wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Reinhard
Germany
flag msg tools
Stacks and pieces or only the stacks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
pit123 wrote:
Stacks and pieces or only the stacks?

Stacks and pieces. (Which is redundant, since a piece is simply a special case of a stack which has only 1 piece in it.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.