Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got somebody to play the full campaign with me.

It is a tough one on the French I think. I thought I played well, putting pressure on the British early on and then withdrawing. I sent Wolfe back to Louisborg after he got whacked outside of Quebec. I had my army withdraw towards Quebec, yet on the last turn the automatic victory came as the British took Quebec with time to spare.

I am not sure about this one. Has anybody else played this one? I am not sure what to do with the French.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Alexopoulos
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
I finally got somebody to play the full campaign with me.

It is a tough one on the French I think. I thought I played well, putting pressure on the British early on and then withdrawing. I sent Wolfe back to Louisborg after he got whacked outside of Quebec. I had my army withdraw towards Quebec, yet on the last turn the automatic victory came as the British took Quebec with time to spare.

I am not sure about this one. Has anybody else played this one? I am not sure what to do with the French.

I am near to completing my second campaign game, although the first really was just a learning game. I'm playing the British against an experienced player. We're in Late 1761 and I am in the process of laying siege to Quebec to gain my 11, 12, & 13th VPs for the sudden death win. I already have Ohio Forks, Niagara, and Montreal, and the French only have one reduced Courier unit (with three Leaders) left on the map. I was wondering the exact same thing!

Not having much experience with the game, I was thinking that my somewhat easy victory was attributed to the fact that I saw a good amount of reinforcements and my opponent did not. I played all British Regular cards, Royal Americans, the big Highlanders card, and Light Infantry 2x while my opponent just played his first French Regular card last season. I haven't talked things over with my opponent yet, but I don't think the dice went in anyone's favor, we both had some rolls go against us, and I don't know that I played an exceptional game either. I want to reserve judgement until I at least play the French and/or play a few more times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cliff curtis
United States
west allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
yes, if those reiforcement cards come early and in large numbers for the british it makes it real hard on the french. especially if the french dont get any. I have played 4 full campaings and my opponent beat me with the french 1 time. This was due to the fact (i think) that i did not draw a single reinforcement card until 1760! So, it really is in the cards but the french do have a chance. remember to raid raid raid early on while the british are still unprepared on the frontier. Once that becomes difficult raid or capture stockades behind the british supply line to slow them down. A force of 1 general, a CB or indian and a marine detachment are perfect for this purpose. Also, this will make the brit player waste op's chasing you around to stop you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:

The French defend, and the Indians raid.

The British Achilles heel is supply, to go on the offensive (as they must), they have to establish a supply path through the Wilderness. The Indians should raid the cultivated areas, and raid the Stockades building the supply path, which will eventuate in the British leaving a crumb trail of units to protect their supply, and thus watering down their offensive power. Their only alternative is the amphibious assault route, which is card reliant.

Should be called the Indian and French War really. Raid, raid and raid again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Mark,

We keep bumping into each other, too bad we live 10,000 miles away.

Thanks for the tips. I will consider this next time I play. It is similar to my strategy so I am not sure how much I can improve things. I think my strategy next time will be to select the British.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.