Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Epp
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it's not a dirty joke. I'd actually like to know how long this game typically takes for 2 players once they get the hang of it all.

My wife often selects against things with long play times (okay, that one might be a dirty joke).

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In all honesty, this is a game you don't want to play with less than 4 players. That's what makes the tightness special.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a game which works so well with 3 or 4 players, that I would be looking for alternatives for 2. By the time you advance to 3 & 4 players, you start to get resource shortage, side effects of other players actions do affect your turn more and make it a true euro game in that sense. I love this game so much that I wouldn't expect the same level of challenge or attempt to ruin the experience with only 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mak
United Kingdom
London
Much Hadham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this game plays perfectly with 4 but if you insist to play it with 2, one game will take approximately 45-60 minutes to complete
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Małecki
Poland
Oława
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
In all honesty, this is a game you don't want to play with less than 4 players. That's what makes the tightness special.

Me and my wife prefer to play it with just 2, because you get to make a lot more interesting decisions (especially placing the event card every other turn). With four you wait too long for the 1st player marker and three turns in a row doing nothing except of playing/discarding 1 card feels quite dull to us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Downtime? I've not really experienced much of that in this game. Even with teaching new players, this game rarely goes beyond 1hr 45 min. The card actions are pretty basic. There is an event and an action to do every round even when you aren't the first player, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.