Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Krehbiel
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It’s Halloween in Inaba, and apparently a murder mystery isn’t going to stop the Investigation Team from inexplicably celebrating an exclusively American holiday. They got so into the idea that the costumes are able to completely mask their identities; nobody knows who is who! But with this comes a problem. The forces of evil have snuck into the party and are ruining everyone’s fun by spilling drinks on their costumes and tricking them into thinking their parents want them back home. So the party has gotten together to politely ask any party crashers to go home! And of course they do, because this is Japan.

WEREWOLF IN THE PERSONA 4 UNIVERSE

In celebration of Persona 4 Arena coming out last week, I wanted to run a Persona 4 werewolf game. I lightened up the flavor just because the thought of any of these characters getting killed is horrible, but it’s still standard Werewolf. The game is non-canon (characters who shouldn’t be around are around, etc.) and the game description itself will be major spoilers, so if you haven’t played it yet and you really want to, stop reading now.

SPOILERS!

GOOD ROLES - Many are listed, not all will be used.

Good Team - These characters will win if they get all max evil characters to leave the party. They call up every good character who got kicked out, those characters come back, and everyone has a really good time and good will win, increasing the Fool Social Link to 9.

Yu Narukami: Myriad Truths - Views each night for Max Evil. Receives a random negative view before the game begins.

Yosuke Hanamura: Scrappy - If Yosuke and a max evil are the only players still at the party, good will win instead.

Chie Satonaka: Galactic Punt - Once per game, at night, may force one player to leave the party.

Yukiko Amagi: Recarm - Each night, can protect a single player. If that player is forced to leave the party that night, they will stay. After Recarm is successfully used, it cannot be used again. Yukiko cannot target the same player with Recarm two nights in a row.

Kanji Tatsumi: Get Bent! - Will not leave the party the first time he is required to.

Teddie: Party Favors - Each night, gives a player a pair of glasses. The chosen player will be told the name of the character playing Teddie (and will have a sweet pair of glasses).

Rise Kujikawa: Support - While Rise is still at the party, the identity of the member asked to leave each day is revealed.

Naoto Shirogane: Interrogator - Each night, can open up a chat room with a player of her choice.

Ryotaro Dojima: Detective - Views each night for Aux Evil. Receives a random negative view before the game begins.

Nanako Dojima: Sweet - Each night, may hug a player. If that player is targeted by anyone at night, Nanako will learn the identity of that player. (This includes the Hassle action. The Max Evil that sets the Hassle action will be told to Nanako.)

Kou Ichijo and Daisuke Nagase: Best Buds - Share a chat room with each other.

Fellow Students: No additional powers, but have names, from the following - Ai Ebihara, Naoki Konishi, Yumi Ozawa, Ayane Matsunaga, Funky Student, Hanako Ohtani, Aika Nakamura, Saki Konishi

EVIL ROLES - Many are listed, not all will be used.

Max Evil Team - This team will share a chatroom. Each night, the team will decide a single player to hassle. That player will get fed up and leave the party. If there are ever the same number of members of the max evil team as all other players, the max evil team will be huge jerks and scare everyone away, and then probably trash the place. Dojima will yell at Yu and Nanako will be really sad, and evil will win.

Izanami (MAX): Mastermind - Will not leave the party the first time she is required to. Does not view as evil.

Tohru Adachi (MAX): Bored Detective - Each night, views for Yu, Dojima or Nanako. Will be told either "Yes, this player lives here," or "No, this player doesn’t live here." Receives a random negative view each night.

Taro Namatame (MAX): Desperate Kidnapper - When Taro leaves the party, he takes a player of his choice with him. (Don’t worry, the cops catch him pretty much instantly, and give the kidnapped player hot chocolate.)
Shadow (MAX): Is a member of the Max Evil team.

Aux Evils - These characters also win if evil wins.

Mitsuo Kubo (AUX): Creepy Conversation - Each night, can open a chat room with a player of his choice.

Ameno-sagiri (AUX): God of Fog - While Ameno is still at the party, players will not told the identity of the players who leave the party at night.

Kinshiro Morooka (AUX): Shamer - Each night, can choose one player. That player will lose all abilities and voting ability until dawn of the next day. The player won’t be aware of this until the next day.

Shadow (AUX): Knows the identity of all max evils.

MODERATORS:

Igor - I will of course play the role of Igor. If anyone wishes to co-moderate (and help me with balancing), that person will be Margaret.

GAME RULES:

Each day, players cast votes for the person they want to leave the party. At 10:00 p.m. CT, the player with the most votes will politely leave. Ties are broken by the longest-held last vote. If Rise is at the party, the remaining players will be told which character left.

Each night, all players with powers that activate at night put in their orders into Cassy by 11:00 p.m. CT. I will resolves the orders given in the following order:

1. Players are forced to leave the party by the max evil team or Chie.
2. Yu, Dojima, Nanako and Adachi are told their views, if any and the chosen player hasn’t left.
3. Naoto and Mitsuo will open their new chat room and close their previous room.
4. Morooka will begin shaming his chosen player. The previously shamed player is no longer shamed, and will be informed that Morooka was being a dick to them.
5. If Ameno-sagiri is not at the party, the remaining players will be told which character left.

GENERAL RULES:

Please participate; you should check into the game at least a couple of times per day. If you are not able to be around during lynch, please tell the rest of the players; if you can imagine missing multiple lynches, resist the urge to sign up. Players who have not checked in within four hours of the first lynch will be put up for replacement, players who do not post for a full 20-hour period will be put for replacements.

Please be nice; it’s just a party, and while Yu might get in a lot of trouble, it’s no use hurting people’s feeling over. No personal attacks or directed swears.

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
Dusk: 6 p.m. CT
Dawn: 7 p.m. CT
The game will start within a week of at least 15 people signing up. The game will not play over the weekend (no lynch of Saturday or Sunday).

Please let me know if you have any questions. (Highlight in red.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
auramine o
desired_hanyou_aly
Flash Gordon
Irina_Phoenix
SuperChutney
violintides

6 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/8423...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared Respect
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I have no idea who any of these people/characters are. This sounds both scary and friendly at the same time. I like the general rules, and the creativity. I'll bring salad to the party! Nobody will kick me out then... especially not before I was finished talking!! hhmmppph
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Era
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
A friend in need is a friend indeed
badge
An enemy in need is hilarious
mbmbmbmbmb
My soul burns some for some Persona 4.

Thanks, Taq!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teh-O-GUY-3
United States
Confusion
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man, a late lynch video game mafia. I'm just about through with P3 FES thanks to SuperJeenius, it's a shame I didn't ever see/get P4 so I could play this without wrecking P4 for myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Catwoman
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
I love the Persona series! I just got my copy of Persona 4 arena it's awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Catwoman
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is Persona not that popular?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Krehbiel
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mastermind109 wrote:

I guess not. There was a post above about someone wanting to avoid this game because of spoilers. Well, I've moved this game to be held at a set time closer to Halloween anyway, as there seems to be a glut of big games right now...should be more interest as we get closer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Catwoman
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Taquelli wrote:
mastermind109 wrote:

I guess not. There was a post above about someone wanting to avoid this game because of spoilers. Well, I've moved this game to be held at a set time closer to Halloween anyway, as there seems to be a glut of big games right now...should be more interest as we get closer.

I can't wait. I wonder when they'll get done with Persona 5 after Persona 4 arena mash up between P3/P4 I kinda hope they expand on it. Um sorry I guess I shouldn't talk about that stuff do you even know what I'm talking about?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Hoffpauir
United States
Lake Charles
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Midnight Channel: Werewolf Edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared Respect
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Taquelli wrote:
mastermind109 wrote:

I hate to say this, because I like that you're branding yourself as the late night game guy and running games at night, because I like playing games at night.. but...

I think the reason sign up is slow, is not so much your game, but the hour it's at.
So far it's been mainly the same crowd of ppl signing up for night games, and it's hard to get enough. Also yours was in sign up at the same time as mine. Now that mine's over with, you might get more ppl.
As much as I don't want you to change the hour though, I'm guessing if you do, you'll fill up quicker and will get a very different crowd of ppl with many veterans... I may then have to drop, but I would understand
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Krehbiel
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have taken Hibou's suggestion and changed the lynch time to early evening. Sign up if you are interested and the sign-up time works better for you. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Catwoman
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Man where is everyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Catwoman
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is there any chance of this being played?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Krehbiel
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mastermind109 wrote:

Currently considering this quite dead. It has been up for four months with very little activity. So...probably not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Aura

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taquelli wrote:
mastermind109 wrote:

Currently considering this quite dead. It has been up for four months with very little activity. So...probably not.

Omg I need to play this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Aura

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Catwoman
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yay! There is hope!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Aura

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We can still party!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Catwoman
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
We can do this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Catwoman
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Okay got some friends to join the game hopefully others will join to
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Catwoman
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Out of all the characters please put these 4 in because there my favorite out of all of them Chie, Funky student, Izanami and a shadow or 2 in there. I don't know these are my favorite from the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Aura

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer 3 characters actually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Aura

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Catwoman
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Auramine O wrote:
laugh

We can do this guys 5 more!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.