Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

just played our first learning game. 99% of the rules where clear for us (we believe) but there is one point that results in a little discussion...

If I want to move a hoplite through a territory and that territory contains three enemy hoplites and two friendly hoplites, can I move through this territory?

I mean, will I count the moving hoplite to the two hoplites in the territory while moving through it?

Or will I check who controls the relevant territories at the start of the movement?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Control of a territory is a fixed situation. If your opponent controls a territory, you cannot move through it.
This is exactly what happens in your example. Say, Athens has 3 hoplites in Megaris, and Sparta has 2 hoplites in Megaris. Sparta now wants to move 1 hoplite from Lakedaimon to Attika. However, it's way is blocked by the Athenian blockade. So if the Spartan player cannot move the hoplite via the sea territories, he cannot move the hoplite to Attika.

The only way for a movement through an enemy-controlled territory is to first counteract the enemy control. Otherwise, even one hoplite counts as a blockade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacio Góngora
Spain
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fine! Simon. It´s that, Ingo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.